Now more than ever, consumers want every experience to be instant and on-demand. And when it comes to getting paid, consumers want their cash yesterday. But every year businesses waste time, money and energy sending more than $10.7 trillion in B2C payouts to consumers using cash, checks, credit, debit, prepaid and gift cards! Held back by the legacy banking systems, crushed by the costs and complexity of credit cards there is this monster industry still lingering in the digital dark ages.
At WeGift we’re changing all that. We’ve built our own proprietary payment rails that enables any business to send money to any consumer, anywhere, instantly. No bank account required. No insane interchange fees. We even get up to 20% in commissions from retailers for driving sales which we pass onto our customers. It’s discounted money! We’re throwing away the old model, and transforming how we move and use money forever. We want amazing people like you to join us and be part of that journey.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In this role we’re looking for someone to drive the short- and long-term direction of our platform. Succeeding in this role will require one to adeptly balance immediate needs—of the business and of our users—with progress against a long-term vision for the future of building the next generation payments stack. We’re particularly interested in hearing from folks with a background in financial products, a passion for building products that delight users, and experience driving product strategy across many stakeholders, functions, and business lines.
What Excites You
- Collaborating with WeGift's leadership and cross-functional managers to build, manage, and execute a product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Deeply understanding and articulating customer goals & requirements, while balancing demands across multiple time horizons, from short term customer needs, to medium experiments, to building long term value
- Building simple, delightful and novel products to solve complex problems
- Scaling, managing and developing multiple product managers across different squads, developing and maintaining a strong culture of bold experimentation and flawless execution.
- Working effectively cross-functionally with sales, marketing, and customer success to represent the company in customer and prospect engagements and enable revenue generation.
- Ensure effective execution and sufficient release velocity to keep up with business demands, balancing stability with velocity and innovation.
- Stay aware of the competitive landscape and market, surface opportunities and highlight threats that need to be incorporated into the product roadmap and strategy.
What Excites Us
- 8+ years Product Management experience or equivalent, including at least 2+ years of managing a team of PMs and experience forming and executing a strategic plan.
- Significant experience with API products and delivering great developer experiences.
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulation of customer problems
- Track record of success with respect to all stages of the product development lifecycle for an entire product or a significant product area in a complex B2B enterprise offering.
- Strong technical background with the ability to learn new technologies quickly and from first principles.
- Aptitude and desire to collaborate and engage with engineering, sales, marketing, and customer success.
- Skillful presenter in front of audiences of various sizes and degrees of sophistication.
- Private Medical Health Insurance with Bupa.
- A minimum of 25 days holiday + bank holidays (we’re not too descriptive about holidays so if you need more time off then just ask).
- Participation in the Employee Options pool giving you ownership in WeGift and participation in the upside.
- Pension scheme (3% contribution)
- Hybrid of office and remote work with a brand new WeWork office based in King's Cross, London. Right now, we are fully remote due to Covid.
- Generous maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your new bundle of joy.
- £1,000 annual L&D allowance to invest in mastering your craft, including accredited studies.
- Cycle to work scheme - save some £££ on buying a bike.
- Regular virtual team socials.
- Workplace Nursery benefit, where WeGift makes a contribution to your child's nursery for equipment, training, redecoration or anything else
- WeRecognise, where we shine the spotlight on exceptional employees every quarter who in turn get a £200 award in the eGift card of their choice.
- Staff perks with WeGift brands - discounts of up to 12% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.