About Rex London
Rex London is a wholesaler and retailer of our own brand toys, gifts, and homeware. This full-time office-based position as part of our B2B (business to-business) customer team is ideal for anyone looking for an entry-level position with an opportunity to learn on the job in what will be a varied role. You will be supported by management, but at the same time will have real responsibility right from the start and will be given freedom to grow and shape your role.
Role and responsibilities:
- Be the main point of contact between Rex and some of our most important B2B customers, both in the UK and around the world. This means answering queries by e-mail and phone, taking orders, and looking after the associated administration.
- Organise and help with the preparation of orders where the customer has special packing or delivery requirements.
- Take charge of our B2B ‘new customer’ process.
- Attend trade shows.
- Support other members of the B2B team, and act as cover when they are away.
- Assist as required with any other aspects of the business. There are busy times of the year where you will be expected to get ‘hands on’ with packing orders, and part of the training for the job will involve spending some time working in this area of the business to get a good idea of how everything operates.
You must have:
- Excellent written English and communication skills.
- Good IT Skills, including an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- A university degree at a 2:1 or higher (or equivalent qualification) or 1+ years relevant workplace experience.
You must be:
- A quick learner with a positive and innovative attitude.
- Well organised, flexible, and able to multi-task.
- Focused on delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Proficiency in a second language is not required but may help your application. Especially French, Spanish, German, or Dutch.
How to Apply
Please submit a copy of your CV along with answers to the below questions:
For each question, write a maximum of 250 words. Focus on what you did in each case, and how you did it.
- Give an example of when you have gone the extra mile to successfully deliver an objective or project.
- Give an example of when you have managed conflicting deadlines and/or priorities.
- Give an example of when you have used your communication skills to overcome a difficulty.
Please apply by 25th April 2021. We will review all applications and intend to make a shortlist of candidates by 3rd May. If successful you will be invited for a video interview between 10th and 15th May. In the interview where you will be asked about your skills and experience. There may also be a final ‘in-person’ interview if required and safe to do so.