A fast-growing start-up revolutionising the design Industry, a market worth over $700bn annually. eporta is an online marketplace where architects, interior designers and other businesses can discover high-design furniture, lighting and accessories and purchase directly from suppliers.
We have users in over 80 countries, so our business is already truly global. We have a number of high profile investors including a large US venture capital fund, Guy Hands (founder of Terra Firma) and the founders of Zoopla, Betfair, sofa.com and Achica.
We have a beautiful office in Farringdon, London. However, we're now a fully-remote company and are delighted to accept applications from people who want to work fully or partly remotely.
An experienced Senior Product Designer who’s passionate about what’s right for the user. You’re at your best when working in a collaborative and agile environment; you can break down complex ideas into functional, elegant solutions - and, most importantly, clearly and confidently explain your thinking to the wider team. You’re self-motivated, enthusiastic, eager to learn and keen to develop a career within a growing team whilst helping to shape the future and direction of a rapidly expanding platform and company.
As a Senior Product Designer at eporta you will be involved at all stages of the product development process, from running workshops through to iterating prototypes up to release. This is a constantly evolving environment, so the ability to be proactive, confident and clearly communicate with your peers is key. Reporting to the Lead Product Designer, you will be fully embedded in a squad, working closely alongside engineers and a product manager. This is a unique opportunity to make a real impact in a rapid growth business whilst learning from our experienced and high-performing team.
- Lead the user experience from conception to release, in partnership with product managers and engineers
- Validate concepts and designs with our users
- Work with the product manager to ensure solutions fit business goals and technical constraints
- Partner with engineers to realise design concepts and resolve challenges
- Maintain and evolve the eporta design system
- Participate in UX research sessions
- Use UX research and insights to drive design decisions
- Continually raise our bar for quality within visual design and UX
- Champion user needs within your squad and the wider business
- Work alongside the Lead Product Designer to evangelise Product design within the wider business
Your skills and experience:
- Collaborative and able to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Organised and detail orientated
- Clearly communicate design concepts and demonstrate what led you to your design decision
- Portfolio demonstrating experience of end-to-end product design
- Strong visual design skills
- An understanding of usability, accessibility, design systems and associated best practices
- Demonstrable experience of user research, and working with data
- Advanced skills working with Sketch, Marvel or similar tools
- Experience building and shaping products end to end
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience in designing UX flows and wireframes
- Experience in designing for responsive websites
Bonus points for:
- Experience working within the B2B sector and/or SaaS tools
- Previously worked in a start-up environment
We are able to sponsor visas.
Send us your CV and a link to your portfolio