Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our core belief that you can never care too much or be too thoughtful, we do things a little differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s largest direct to consumer flower company, growing at 100% year on year (and we’ve been extremely fortunate to see growth remain strong during the pandemic).
We’ve raised multiple rounds of venture capital and private equity funding, most recently announcing our Series D raise of £75m with General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), and Index Ventures (investors in Glossier & Transferwise). We’ve also been named one of the 5 fastest-growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. In 2020 we were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.
Our Innovation Centre
Since launching in 2013, Bloom & Wild has become the UK's largest and most loved online flower gifting company. Over the last 12 months we’ve also successfully opened our first own fulfillment centre in Bergkamen, Germany which services our European customers and will fulfill orders for our continued pan-European expansion. We’re now ready to open our UK-based Innovation Centre, just outside Nuneaton and within easy commuting distance of Coventry, where we’ll fulfill orders planned as part of our range expansion.
As Planning and Stock Manager you'll be an integral part of the ‘go live’ team at the Innovation Centre (we’ll be taking over the site as soon as possible, with construction and refurb work estimated to finish in April). Reporting to our new Innovation Centre Manager, you’ll also work closely with our HQ Operations team to help create a world-class fulfillment centre. Everything you do will reflect the strong culture and values we’ve been establishing across our business since day one.
We’ll consider London or locally based candidates for this role, with an expectation that at least two days per week you’ll be based in the Innovation Centre.
- Maintain our overall stock count integrity, by organising daily stock checks and ensuring we have the right amount of stems, add-on and packaging at any point
- Capture, report and monitor our product usage - we care deeply about minimising our impact on the environment and aim to send zero waste to landfill
- Manage our stock reconciliation process, fixing any discrepancies and ensuring all our inventory is in line with our records
- Manage our stock rotation process for all our add-ons and non-perishable goods, keeping to our sustainability commitment and minimising waste
- Update our weekly stock count and forecasts in our MRP (Materials and Resource Planning) system to generate raw material orders
- Liaise with third-party suppliers to place and confirm stock orders, ensuring all our inventory is ordered correctly each week
- Generate our daily production plan and suggest continuous process improvements
- Track and report on our units produced metrics, comparing time spent vs what was planned
- Report on staff cost, time and production metrics
- Support in the planning, project management and execution of DE peaks (Christmas, Valentine’s Day & Mother’s Day)
- Have excellent organisation and planning skills
- Great attention to detail, numeracy skills and are analytical
- Very comfortable working with Excel
- Tech-savvy - expert in using systems such as apps, messaging, business intelligence and reporting systems
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proactive - you take responsibility to get things done
- Innovative - you enjoy figuring out new tech and understanding how we can make improvements to our processes
Nice to have
- FMCG experience
- Understanding of warehouse management systems
Operations at Bloom & Wild
The overall Bloom & Wild team is now over 150 people. The Operations team at Bloom & Wild is split broadly into three sub-teams, although in practice these sub-teams all work very closely together:
- Fulfilment & Delivery - working closely with our fulfilment partners and carrier partners (and coordinating our own delivery network) to achieve operational excellence and optimise for customer satisfaction, delivery performance, capacity and associated COGS. This sub-team also manages our cross-functional peak planning processes and forecasting at fulfilment level
- Own fulfilment team - we’ve launched our own warehouse in Germany and we’re now adding our UK Innovation Centre to the Team. This team optimises for customer satisfaction, quality and associated COGs
- Supply Chain and Quality - this team manages our supply chain for packaging and non floral gifts as well as working with our flower supply chain partners to optimise for quality in our supply chain
Our key enablers for every element of our operations are data and technology so there is close collaboration with those teams. Even for those processes where we outsource the execution, we use data to continually feedback to our partners and optimise and innovate our processes and products.
We’ve adjusted our ways of working to be in line with COVID restrictions and currently our entire team is working remotely. We’ll expect our UIC to be closely following COVID-related guidelines.
In this role you’ll have a chance to influence the local benefits applicable to the UIC, but you’ll also be able to access our central benefits including:
- Twice weekly online yoga class
- 25 days holidays plus your birthday off
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions celebrated with the team
- Virtual Stand Up for weekly company updates, and Virtual Monthly Meeting to celebrate our successes and value nominations
- Remote lunch and learns
- Wellbeing support through online coaching sessions and employee assistance program, talking about challenges that we are facing in the current environment
- New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely
We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride in our day to day activities (find out more here) and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, with regular company-wide events.
Our recruitment process
Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 the interview process will be conducted remotely. This will involve an interview with our Operations Director, Director of People, and COO, and also meeting the existing team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team - so we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.