[Freelance] Community Manager Role
About Above & Beyond Education
Above & Beyond is an online community for educators and the service providers, consultants and innovators who support them, founded on the power of positivity. It creates a space to celebrate the brilliant work educators do every day.
It was founded by Alison Kriel, an ex-headteacher and education consultant and is inspired by her experiences working in schools both in the UK and internationally.
Above & Beyond encourages people working in education to connect, share and support each other. Enabling teachers, schools and the people who support them to learn new skills, find employment and grow.
We are looking for a community manager to support and build our new social media platform for educators and people involved in education. Our vision is to make a positive space for educators, a place to celebrate what schools and teachers do well and an accepting environment to learn and grow. As community manager you’ll be pivotal in growing this positive community.
Our ideal candidate is empathetic and positive and is great at speaking to people, both in person and written down. You’ll need to be a people person and have great customer service skills, to moderate online conversations with our community.
To excel in this role you will need to be reliable and trustworthy, and have fantastic attention to detail. We love ideas, so please bring yourself and your thoughts to the role.
This role will start part time and freelance, 14 hours per week. It has the potential to grow into a full time role. We are happy to be flexible with working hours, to fit around the rest of your life commitments.
- Validating all new applications to the platform
- All users on our platform need to be checked, to make sure they are a teacher, school or a contractor working with schools
- As community manager you will need to check the details of all new users, chasing individuals for information when they don’t provide it and confirming or rejecting applications in a friendly, professional manner
- Keeping the platform safe and happy
- Monitoring and protecting our community forum and groups
- Suggesting new forum topics, blog articles and functionality to make the platform more engaging and interesting for users
- Escalating and investigating any flagged posts or reported accounts
- QAing the platform, spotting any bugs or mistakes
- Helping users and answering questions
- User support in the platform
- First response for user issues
- Available for 1:1 chat / helpline within 12-24 hours response
- Creating FAQs, default responses and forums topics for frequent issues and questions
- Medium term - social media management
- Create and post engaging social media content to promote the A&BE platform across other channels
- Responding to comments
- Can do attitude,
- Bring ideas to the table
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Good with people, calm, empathetic and kind
- Interested in education
- Strong communication skills, especially written
- Comfortable with technology
- Good attention to detail
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Interested in building communities
Nice to haves
- Customer service / community management experience
- Understanding of design tools to create social media posts (photoshop, adobe suite, promo.com)
- Experience of using social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn to engage with communities in a personal or professional capacity.