We are looking for a talented and ambitious Marketing Manager to join Koru Kids and help us grow our brand new childminding service (known as Home Nursery) from the ground up!
Our new Home Nursery service will pair families looking for excellent quality and great value childcare with passionate and skilled childminders that we’ve recruited and trained ourselves. We’ll be launching the service in a few weeks and have big ambitions to transform the childcare market in London - building on the strong foundations we’ve already laid with our much-loved nanny service to accelerate our growth.
Why this role is important to Koru Kids:
Making our new Home Nursery service a roaring success is a key focus for Koru Kids, and that starts with making sure we have lots of the right people training to become childminders. You’ll be leading the charge on encouraging people to apply to our training program - making use of a variety of marketing channels, platforms and approaches to seek out excellent candidates, wherever they are.
And now about you:
- You have 3+ years experience in marketing and you’re looking to join a mission-based team where you can make a big impact
- You are comfortable working directly on performance marketing campaigns across a variety of platforms - quickly getting to grips with how new channels work, and able to dive into the detail when the numbers aren’t quite right. Crucially we are looking for someone who has managed campaigns themselves, not just overseen agencies’ work.
- You have a way with words. You love to write compelling and crafted copy from blog posts and Facebook ads, to childminder job descriptions.
- You can passionately advocate for ideas you believe in and bring others with you - making you a naturally effortless salesperson whether over email or in conversation.
- You naturally spot room for improvement and how things can be done better - whether it’s conversion rate wins, better photography on our ads or changes to how we communicate the benefits of our service.
- You’re agile, learn quickly and find the smart shortcuts. Finding excellent candidates to apply to our training program is going to require ingenuity and someone who has a knack for sniffing out opportunities.
You should also be:
- Tremendously ambitious - this is an opportunity to make a name for yourself and play a pivotal role in both accelerating the growth of Koru Kids and transforming the London childcare market.
- Buzzing with ideas- you can’t help but think how things could be done better.
- Humble - You take ownership of successes and mistakes. You value experiences and feedback that helps you learn.
- Fast-paced - Your favourite speed is extra fast. We don’t have months to plan campaigns and we need to deliver every day. You feel at ease when things move quickly.
A Typical Day!
9am - grab a cup of tea and join the company-wide (video) standup to hear what’s been going on across the business.
9.10am - you quickly check the application stats dashboard from yesterday - all looking good and in fact, ahead of target - now it’s up to the recruitment team to interview them all!
9.15am - you review yesterday evening’s Facebook campaign performance. It looks like your automated rule kicked in to stop the campaign because the CPA was too high. You decide to dig into the details straight away and realise that your new ad creative didn’t perform as well - looks like it’s back to the drawing board on that one! You re-boot the campaign without the offending advert and set aside some time in your calendar tomorrow to devise some alternatives.
10am - online job boards are proving to be a great source of quality applicants so you spend some time researching the other websites we can advertise on, posting new job ads as you go, to try and attract promising candidates as soon as possible!
12pm - the CRM campaign you ran last week targeting Koru Kids nannies was really successful and you spend some time on the phone to a few different candidates giving them the highlights of the job and convincing them to apply. You always really enjoy these conversations because by the end of the call, the nannies are usually excited about the opportunity and raring to go!
1.30pm - a welcome break after a hectic morning! You grab a sandwich and then head out to the park with your favourite podcast to make the most of the good weather!
2.15pm - copywriting o’clock! Your number crunching on Google Analytics last week showed that the blog article about childminder training has been driving some great traffic to the website, and so you set about writing the next two installments in the series. It’s sometimes a struggle to balance a really compelling tone of voice and high keyword density, but it’s nothing a strong cup of post-lunch coffee can’t fix…!
4.30pm - Ollie has asked for your thoughts on how we can make our application signup flow convert better, so you spend some time watching sessions on HotJar, reviewing heat maps and analysing form drop-off data to figure out how we can do better. After a short while the ideas start to flow and you can’t wait to share them with the rest of the team.
5.50pm - you quickly check in on today’s Facebook and Google Ads performance and make sure your rules are in place overnight to stop anything unexpected happening - all looking good! Now, time to relax and enjoy the evening!
Important things to know...
- Flexibility: we are happy to consider applicants looking to work either full-time or part-time (though no less than the equivalent of 4 days a week).
- Salary & Benefits: The salary for this role is £35,000-£43,000 (dependent on experience) and you’ll get 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays) - these will both be pro-rated if you work part-time. For any parents thinking of applying - we also offer 50% off Koru Kids childcare (up to a value of £7,000 per year).
- Location: we are currently all working remotely. Once the current COVID restrictions are eased, we plan to take an office in central London, and whilst we’re happy for you to work remotely for a majority of the time, you may occasionally need to spend some time in person with the team.
About Koru Kids:
At Koru Kids we have a triple mission: to support working parents during the hardest years of their life, to give children the best possible childhood to allow them to flourish as adults, and to create really great jobs for childcarers. The challenge is massive, but our team is crazy good.
In August 2019 we closed a £10m Series A funding round led by Atomico, one of the world’s best Venture Capital investors in technology start-ups. We’re growing fast and building a successful Home Nursery business is a core part of our future strategy - we’re looking for someone exceptional ton join us and make that happen.
About the team
We have an informal, hard-working and kind team culture. We’re all determined to create a truly fantastic childcare service to help working parents. Our culture is friendly and fast paced – we are constantly challenging, testing and adapting the way we do things. We’re also really committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing and building a company we are truly proud of. We’re growing super fast but we also want to make sure that we are building a company on really solid foundations.
Our Recruitment Process
Koru Kids recruitment processes can be a little different from the norm. We like to work very efficiently, and we expect you do too, so we use technology and scalable processes in our recruiting wherever we can to save everyone time.
It’s also really important to us to find the very best people we possibly can for our team, regardless of their background, and to be transparent. These are important values to us, and that’s why we have designed the process the way we have.
We do not review for CVs upfront. Instead, we ask some simple screening questions which are separated from your name and double-marked blind, in order to reduce potential unconscious bias.
To apply for this role, simply get in touch with your details and we'll redirect you to our hiring page where you can progress your application.
Of course, later on in the process we'll be delighted to get to know you and your life story — just not usually upfront.