Digital User Experience (UX) Designer and Strategist
Retina is a multi-award-winning global advertising, marketing communications and technology services company -- and both 2020 ANA B2B Agency of the Year and The Drum's 2020 Martech Agency of the Year, providing expertise to global Fortune 500 clients in the areas of strategy, creative and content, and go-to-market/media.
We’re seeking a brilliant, dynamic digital user experience designer and strategist in our rapidly growing Glasgow office to help grow and coordinate our digital design and web and mobile development capabilities.
This person is an excellent facilitator, master prioritiser and highly proactive problem solver. Someone who has strategic, business and diplomatic acumen, and a ridiculously strong eye for detail. Someone who thrives on big challenges and responds with big creative solutions – and user experiences that engage, excite and compel action.
The digital/UX strategist should have experience developing strategy for, producing and project managing websites, microsites, landing pages, and digital experiences – from gathering project requirements through user journeys and wireframing, to planning, design, production and QA. Digital advertising and mobile app experience would be huge pluses as well.
- Run project meetings and facilitate workshops to provide and extract valuable insights that will contribute to a project’s concept, strategy and architecture rationale
- Conduct and lead research initiatives on the project and its influencing factors e.g. competitors, infrastructure, market, etc. Once complete, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on this information to outline solutions
- Ascertain and analyse all the relevant business and user considerations: produce user personas, user journeys/flows and engagement maps, use case diagrams and scenario mapping diagrams, goal identification, etc.
- Define the structure and content strategy for a digital experience relying on a wide range of information architecture techniques, including but not limited to system flow diagrams, taxonomy, SEO analysis, nomenclature, site mapping, content mapping and personalisation (dynamic content) techniques
- Produce wireframes and prototypes to visualise page structure
- Present and discuss complex solutions (and the resulting deliverables) to a highly professional standard in both oral and written forms.
- Work with design and development teams to implement polished, interactive designs that look, feel and function as intended
- Minimum 2-3 years of design experience in agency, in-house or journalistic setting, online and traditional
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office/Apple software (Word, PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel) and wireframing software (Figma, InVision, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.)
- Experience working in B2B or business marketing in complex categories a plus
- Multi-hyphenate skill set: Digital-traditional-social, Advertising-marketing-content, Long-form and short-form content, Left-brain-right-brain-creative-strategic
- A well-rounded portfolio that reflects innovative work for a variety of industries
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- Consistently meets deadlines and has the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with a team
Perks and Benefits:
It’s a full-time position with a competitive salary, negotiable dependent upon prior experience. This position also includes paid vacation and a flexible schedule, including working from home. You’ll have the chance to partner with industry-leading companies while helping an innovative global organization reach its full potential.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, we want to hear from you!