Motorway, the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace is seeking a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We help private car owners sell their car for the highest possible price through a UK-wide network of specialist car dealers. Our 100% online journey has redefined the experience of selling a car, and helped us grow to over 130 people and thousands of monthly sales, disrupting a market that’s seen little change in decades.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Recruiter with a passion for delivering amazing candidate experiences to join our five person People team. Our team's purpose is to build a highly effective and healthy organisation and culture, and hiring the right people is key to the success of this mission.
You will have significant influence and impact over the delivery of our recruitment pipeline, raising the bar with each candidate hired. You will hire across departments, with a focus on Sales and Marketing experts initially, and will work closely with our team of leaders and hiring managers to plan and execute hiring strategies.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment and is looking to define their career within a people-first organisation. We’re a values driven, results focussed environment, and we’re looking for someone who wants to add to that.
- Hiring across disciplines at Motorway
- Working across the full life cycle of the recruiting process including sourcing, interviewing and closing candidates
- Work directly with our leaders and key stakeholders to bring the best candidates through the hiring pipeline
- Partnering with hiring managers to develop effective recruitment processes and assessments
- Recommending ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-term growth of the organization and implementing any new processes
- Participating in special projects, including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques and leveraging of internal sources of talent
- You must have previous experience sourcing for diverse talent in an internal environment
- You must be able to successfully manage recruitment to a timeline and understand how to prioritize in a fast-paced business
- You will need be able to communicate effectively and concisely with candidates and the hiring team throughout the interview process
- You can uncover technical aptitude and are able to distinguish between good and average candidates.
- You love talking to people and would rather hop on the phone than send an email
- You know what "Good" looks like; are self aware of your performance stats and strive to constantly get better results
- You’re a great team player with a strong sense of humility.
- You should be degree qualified
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- BUPA private health insurance
- Annual learning budget
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week)
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Calm membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people
Equal Opportunities Statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.