Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our core belief that you can never care too much or be too thoughtful, we do things a little differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s largest direct-to-consumer flower company, growing at 100% year on year (and we’ve been extremely fortunate to see growth remain strong during the pandemic).
We’ve raised multiple rounds of venture capital and private equity funding, have been named one of the 5 fastest-growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020. We’ve got a brilliant ideas-led innovation culture. And we’re looking for people from all backgrounds to help drive our next exciting stage of growth.
The role and ways of working
We’re looking for a Planning Manager to support our own-fulfilment team based in Bergkamen, Germany. This will be a short-term, fixed-contract role based in the UK.
We’re entering an exciting growth stage as we look to expand and continue our success across Europe. Playing an important part in this growth is our own fulfilment center in Bergkamen, which we’ve recently opened and are quickly scaling. You’ll be our go-to person for all things numbers - stock, staff and cost management. You’ll work collaboratively across the team to help keep our warehouse running smoothly and efficiently, bringing a process-driven and innovative approach to everything that you do.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Maintain our overall stock count integrity, by managing daily stock checks and ensuring we have the right amount of stems, add-on and packaging at any point
- Capture, report and monitor our stock usage, and help minimize waste. We care deeply about minimising our impact on the environment and aim to send zero waste to landfill
- Manage our stock reconciliation process, fixing any discrepancies and ensuring all our inventory is in line with our records
- Manage our stock rotation process for all our add-ons and non-perishable goods, keeping to our sustainability commitment and minimising waste
- Update our weekly stock count and forecasts in our MRP (Materials and Resource Planning) system to generate raw material orders
- Liaise with third-party suppliers to place and confirm stock orders, ensuring all our inventory is ordered correctly each week
- Generate our daily production plan and suggest continuous process improvements
- Track and report on our units produced metrics, comparing time spent vs what was planned
- Own our staff hiring plan and work with our partner recruitment agencies to ensure we have a well supported team
- Report on staff cost, time and production metrics
- Support in the planning, project management and execution of DE peaks (Christmas, Valentine’s Day & Mother’s Day)
- Have excellent organisation and planning skills
- Great attention to detail, numeracy skills and are analytical
- Comfortable working with Excel
- Tech-savvy - expert in using systems such as warehouse management systems, apps, messaging, business intelligence and reporting systems
- Ability to speak German a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proactive - you take responsibility to get things done
- Innovative - you enjoy figuring out new tech and understanding how we can make improvements to our processes
Nice to have
- Flower/perishable category knowledge
Operations at Bloom & Wild
The overall Bloom & Wild team is now over 130 people. The Operations team at Bloom & Wild is split broadly into three sub-teams, although in practice these sub-teams all work very closely together:
- Fulfilment & Delivery - working closely with our fulfilment partners and carrier partners (and coordinating our own delivery network) to achieve operational excellence and optimise for customer satisfaction, delivery performance, capacity and associated COGS. This sub-team also manages our cross-functional peak planning processes and forecasting at fulfilment level
- Own fulfilment team - we have recently launched our own warehouse in Germany. This team optimises for customer satisfaction, quality and associated COGs
- Supply Chain and Quality - this team manages our supply chain for packaging and non floral gifts as well as working with our flower supply chain partners to optimise for quality in our supply chain
Our key enablers for every element of our operations are data and technology so there is close collaboration with those teams. Even for those processes where we outsource the execution, we use data to continually feedback to our partners and optimise and innovate our processes and products.
Our recruitment process
Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 the interview process will be conducted remotely. This will involve an interview with our Plant Manager, Director of People and Operations Director.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team - so we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.