The process of renting a home is outdated. In an age when we can order a car with the click of a button, or order food from our favourite restaurant within a few minutes, finding and renting a home should be easy. We at Oasis Living https://oasis-living.com/ are re-imagining how renting should be in a new world
A successful business running for 4 years, we have managed over 200 properties in and around London and looking to expand in the UK and internationally after having proven the model over a few business cycles.
As Head of Marketing what will you be trying to focus?
- Ensure our brand, messaging, and visual identity reflects our mission
- Drive B2C customers into our sales funnel
- Support the B2B teams in preparation of brochures, marketing materials and slides
What communication channels will you own?
- Website and Blog
- B2C Marketing
- Social Media Channels
How big is the Marketing team?
- By Q3 2021 we will have a 3-4 member marketing team – with a Head of Marketing and Content, a Data Scientist and one or more junior marketing executives
About content writing?
- You will be involved in 50% of content writing - e.g. newsletters and website copy, however you also have the freedom to hire freelance content writers to support things like blogs. We are also awarded the Kickstart grant by UK Government and you will have access to a talent pool of junior content writers
What will a typical day look like?
To give you a feel for the role, in the same one day you might:
- Write new content for the B2C lead nurturing emails
- Work with the website developers to introduce a new landing page
- Adjust social media posts
- Review written assignments from content writer applicants
- Conduct analysis on our competitor backlinks
That said, there is no typical day in the role
What key traits will you need?
- Resourcefulness. On a daily basis, you will need to think of quick and creative solutions to challenges / issues /trends you identify.
- Move fast and break things. We may not get things right all of the time but we accept this is the trade-off for moving at pace and innovating. Ultimately everything will be measured as results matter , but (particularly) for this position we want to constantly be challenging the status quo.
What does success look like in 1 year?
- At the onset of the job you will define your 6 month and 12 month goals with the founder, which will be revised in 1 months’ time when you have set in.
- Ideally 10x grow in website traffic
- 10x growth in B2C sales
- Creating processes and guidelines that can be replicated by others and achieving scale in marketing processes
Where will this role be based?
- Till COVID restrictions are lifted 80% working from home, post that we will take a call – but there will be some fair amount of remote working
You’ll ideally be
- A Marketing generalist with at least 4 years of relevant experience. You need to be comfortable at branding, content writing, social media management , and SEO / PPC. This will be tested during our process!
- Experience working in an early-stage/Series A start-up or in small marketing teams (no more than 3)
- Understanding of the property market and mindset of millennial renters and landlords
- Fluent English language skills
About the founder
Sam Ghosh is a London-based tech-entrepreneur and founder of Oasis Living
Sam co-founded Earthmiles as a CTO. Earthmiles focuses on health-rewards and incentives (https://earthmiles.co.uk/). Currently also a Partner at Gattaca, an algorithmic trading firm, specializing in cryptocurrencies. Prior to that, Sam worked in banking/hedge funds for over 10 years between London and Hong Kong, and then joined a city-based fund with colleagues from Societe Generale.
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/sam7/
You can expect
Competitive salary and bonus
0.5-1.0% in equity options