Please note, the salary is Salary £70k+ DOE
Schedule - Full time
Location - Temporarily Remote
Head of Brand and Marketing
WHO WE ARE
BYP Network was created in Autumn 2016 after the harrowing videos of Sandra Bland, Philando Castile, Alton Sterling and many more dying at the hands of police brutality in America. Alongside this, the UK was struggling with highest rates of knife crime epidemic, the lack of black people in companies let alone senior positions and an inability to find positive role models outside of the entertainment industry. From this BYP Network was created to ‘change the black narrative’ by bringing the black professional global community together to solve our own problems through economic empowerment and connectivity. Following recent events, BYP is more relevant than ever and is excellently positioned to bridge the gap between the black professional community and corporations. Today we have over 40,000 members on our network, launched a mobile and web platform, run offline and online events to up-skill the community, have a job board and have worked with 60+ corporate clients including Facebook, Accenture, AirBnb, Nationwide, BT etc. Our vision is to be the go-to platform for black professionals and grow the network to 500,000 members globally in the next 12 months. We are looking for other passionate and determined team members to help us get there!
We are looking for a Head of Community who will lead all our marketing activities from social media and digital campaigns to advertising and creative projects. This will include developing plans to help progress the BYP Network brand, allocating resources to different projects and setting short-term and long-term department goals. If you’re a skilled Marketing/Community strategist, able to inspire and lead global teams, we’d like to meet you.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling digital experiences for our audiences
- Build + manage a team to execute our vision through strategies and tactics across multiple media channels.
- Developing and delivering brand messaging and engaging content across multiple channels, including digital and social media platforms
- Set-up and implement a Community Strategy that aligns with our key company objectives
- Manage and work with high visibility influencers, key industry leaders to ensure regular production of world-class, engaging content
- Oversee complex marketing strategies, across a range of channels, products and services.
- Track and measure engagement, growth and conversions
- Use data collected to scale growth, update strategies & carry out ongoing analysis and reporting
- Work closely with our teams to create and implement new projects to increase engagement.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with Operations and other internal teams
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (like events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- At least 10 years’ combined experience in similar roles
- Previous experience in a Head of Community, Head of Brand, Head of Marketing (in house or agency) or Head of Growth preferably within our industry or a similar role, targeted towards user growth
- Full breadth of marketing experience across PR, Comms, Branding, Content and proven experience with managing small teams
- Understanding and past experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile,
- Evidence of Product Marketing skills or Content Marketing to ensure new product growth.
- Content Strategist & Analytical mindset to structure detailed reports about the state of our community
- Experience of working across an organization to guide and support the achievement of coherent external messaging and a strong brand identity
- Proven track record in rapidly growing a community & managing large budgets
- Proven experience with concept development
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives