Unmade is a SaaS (software as a service) company based in London that provides the world’s leading apparel and sportswear brands with the digital infrastructure needed to realise the full potential of their products, unlock market opportunity and connect demand directly to production.
Our vision is an efficient, responsive, demand-driven apparel industry that only makes what it needs. Our mission is to build the digital infrastructure needed to enable this demand-driven industry. Current customers include some of the most recognisable fashion, lifestyle, and sportswear brands, such as New Balance and Rapha.
Unmade’s platform, UnmadeOS, uses patented automation and visualisation technologies to enable brands to be demand driven, delivering customisation, team-wear and micro-fulfilment at scale. UnmadeOS dramatically increases product variety and speed to market whilst reducing operational overheads, inventory and waste. Unlike other technologies UnmadeOS integrates in depth with production to meet the specific needs of the apparel supply chain.
We are currently hiring for parental leave cover for a Sales Manager, for a 12-month period.
Sales Manager Role
Our target customers are large sportswear and activewear brands, who are looking to shift to a more demand-driven model or who have an existing made-on-demand business such as teamwear or corporatewear.
As a Sales Manager, you’ll be responsible for sourcing new leads from within this target market and managing deal prospects to secure new customers for UnmadeOS.
We take a consultative approach to sales, working with prospects to understand their pain points and identify how our solution can address these and add value to their business. We typically interact with multiple stakeholders within a target account during the sales process. Common business functions we interact with include: innovation, ecommerce, production and sourcing teams.
We are an early stage business, so this is a broad role that will give you exposure to all aspects of the sales cycle and a chance to get stuck in and shape the sales process at Unmade as we scale.
This role sits in Unmade’s Sales team and you’ll report to the VP of Sales. You’ll also work closely with Unmade’s Customer Success and Product teams.
In the next 12 months, your key responsibilities will cover the following key areas:
Lead generation and qualification
- Maintaining our list of target accounts and identifying new target companies
- Generating new leads from within our target market using email, calls and LinkedIn outreach
- Qualifying inbound and outbound leads to identify if there is a good opportunity for Unmade
- Building and maintaining relationships with relevant contacts and companies already within our network
- Testing and improving our lead generation process
- Managing effective sales interactions and activity to create momentum with prospects and secure agreement to work with Unmade
- Demonstrating Unmade’s technology and technical capabilities to prospects
- Bid and proposal writing, crafting prospect-specific messaging and materials where required
- Collaborating with the wider internal team to draw on internal expertise about how addresses a prospect’s specific business context and pain points
- Sharing market insights gained from sales activity back with the wider company
- Building your knowledge about UnmadeOS and the competitive context in which we operate
What We're Looking For
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Experience in technology sales, business development or consulting.
- Excellent consulting and problem solving skills - you’re able to unearth painpoints and objections with prospects; identify tactics and approaches to convince a diverse group of stakeholders to try a new technical approach and build a business case for using UnmadeOS.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to build a rapport with people at all levels.
- Results orientated and target driven - you’re comfortable working with sales targets and pushing for results.
- Excited about working in a fast paced startup environment
- Knowledge of at least one of the following areas, would be highly beneficial to the role : fashion and sportswear industry; ecommerce; digital design tools and visualisation technologies; automated manufacturing approaches.
Start date: Mid-May. This is a parental leave cover role with an anticipated duration of 12 months.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 p/a
Location: This role is based in the UK. During this pandemic, the Unmade team is working fully remotely, and we'll make sure you've got everything you need to work from home comfortably.
As soon as we feel it is safe to do so, we will offer the option to return to work on-site, or to work remotely with planned days in our Clerkenwell office roughly every fortnight. This role may require international travel, subject to covid-restrictions being lifted and it being safe to do so.
What’s it like working at Unmade?
We are building a product to have a lasting, positive impact on the fashion and sportswear industries, and the planet.
We care about the work we do, are passionate about doing it, and are supportive of everyone to do the same.
We push for the best, but know that even with the best laid plans things can go wrong. Failure is not a dirty word, and we’re ok sharing when it happens.
We value learning from each other and sharing what we do. We foster a culture of collaboration and learning. No one is unapproachable, and everyone’s voice matters.