Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our core belief that you can never care too much or be too thoughtful, we do things a little differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s largest direct to consumer flower company, growing at 100% year on year (and we’ve been extremely fortunate to see growth remain strong during the pandemic).
We’ve raised multiple rounds of venture capital and private equity funding, have been named one of the 5 fastest-growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020. We’ve got a brilliant ideas-led innovation culture. And we’re looking for people from all backgrounds to help drive our next exciting stage of growth.
Finance at Bloom & Wild
The overall Bloom & Wild team is now over 150 people. The finance team at Bloom & Wild is currently 6 people but we hope to extend to 8 or 9 in the coming months and is split into two main teams which are led by our Finance Director, however in reality we collaborate together as a function and work closely with others across the company.
- Financial Control- this team runs all things financial control and reporting, including; compilation of month end reporting, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, PSP and treasury management, management of our statutory audit and tax compliance.
- Financial Planning & Analysis- this team manages our budgeting and forecasting process for the company, together with regular analysis of financial performance. They are also responsible for building financial models for a variety of uses across the company and working closely with other teams to do so.
The role and ways of working
We’re looking for a second Management Accountant to join the team. Reporting to our Lead Finance Manager, you’ll be playing an instrumental part in a number of key areas across the finance function, from international expansion to leading our stock management across Europe. You’ll be working cross-functionally, so there are loads of opportunities to make an impact and shape our finance function as we scale.
- Preparation of cash flows across a number of currencies. This would include analysis of how we best manage our working capital.
- Management of stock reconciliations, analysis and reporting for a number of sites across Europe. Including ownership of variable cost compilation for management accounts.
- Ownership of balance sheet reconciliations as part our month-end close process.
- Intercompany account reconciliations, inclusive of transfer pricing calculations.
- Compilation of monthly management accounts for analysis by the FP&A Team
- Working with the Lead finance manager in completing statutory audits
- Responsible for Fixed Asset register and posting monthly depreciation journals as well as reconciling Fixed Asset balance sheet accounts
- Continuous improvement of reporting and sharing best practice across all areas of the finance function.
What we're looking for:
- You will be a qualified accountant ACCA/ACA/CIMA with a strong understanding of management accounting and the month-end close process.
- Strong technical knowledge with a desire to further it
- Exceptional Excel knowledge
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial 'can do’ attitude with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to understand different management accounting problems and related stakeholder management
- A passion for numbers
- Desire to take ownership and add value
Nice to haves
- Experience of Netsuite
- Stock management experience
- Previous experience in a scale-up environment
Currently, our full team is working from home and adapting quickly to being totally remote. In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Twice weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content
- Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions celebrated with the team
- Virtual Stand Up for weekly company updates, and Virtual Monthly Meeting to celebrate our successes and value nominations
- Remote lunch and learns
- Wellbeing support through online coaching sessions and employee assistance program, talking about challenges that we are facing in the current environment
- New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely
We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride in our day to day activities (find out more here) and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, with regular company-wide events.
Return to work and our new normal
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern during this period and our return to our beautiful, flower filled office will be gradual, considered and only when our team feels safe to do so.
Whilst recognising that some of our team will prefer to work in our office, this period has proven that our team can embrace remote work extremely successfully and our plan moving forward is to find ways of continuing to incorporate remote work into our ways of working.
When we’re in the office:
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, startup culture, with employee-friendly policies such as:
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday
- Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Personal Development Budget
- Family Friendly Policy - including enhanced family friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lunch & Learns
- Discounted blooms
- Bloom & Go Wild trips - most recently we went to Paris!
See more on what it’s like to work at Bloom & Wild here.
Our recruitment process
Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 the interview process will be conducted remotely. This will involve a series of interviews with people across our People, Finance and Operations teams.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team - so we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.