UK City Launcher - Fancy
Fancy delivers everything you need in under 30 minutes. From groceries like toilet roll to snacks and alcohol - you'll never need to head to the shops again, Fancy has you covered.
The dark-stores market is currently exploding off the back of existing macro trends, such as consumers' growing demand for more instant and convenient options. The 2020 pandemic has accelerated this trend by heightening people's desire to not go to the shops. This new behaviour will stick. Fancy was founded in January 2020 and since then has launched and is scaling fast in 6 cities across the UK. Fancy had a place on Y Combinator’s accelerator program last summer, and since then has taken on substantial investment to be able to scale the business as quickly and effectively as possible.
Fancy is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the operations team and play a crucial role in the growth and geographical expansion of the company. The City Launcher will travel to new Fancy markets and prepare the warehouse for launch. The candidate should be very comfortable working in a team setting to meet strict deadlines. This role requires extensive travel across the UK, spending 2-3 weeks in a city pre launch.
The City Launcher is a crucial role as we look to expand across the UK, making Fancy accessible to everyone!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with our Real Estate team to source and sign new sites
- Collaborate with the Real estate team during the lease negotiation phase
- Own projects across the country to ensure on time completion of new locations
- Coordinate with contractors on site from start to finish
- Set up hardware, furniture, and appliances in new locations
- Receive and organise initial stock.
- Execute the build on time and on budget.
- Hire, onboard and train the site operations team which includes City Manager, Warehouse Associates & Drivers
- Extensive travel across the UK
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- 3+ Years of experience establishing or opening new sites or markets
- Must be cool, calm, collected and collaborative
- Must have experience in construction, multisite program rollouts and managing others; experience in retail expansion, a plus
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- Clear communicator who enjoys building teams
- Ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints
- Understanding and interpretation of lease documents
- Willing to work across different cities in the UK for extended periods of time.