TSM is an exciting new marine electronics supplier proving tow protection solutions to the Superyacht sector. Based in Southampton (Hythe), we supply the yachts globally with tow protection solutions recommended by the insurance industry. We are looking for an experienced new business Sales Manager with ambition to find and grow key relationships in the superyacht sector.
The Sales manager is responsible for revenue growth including generating sales through direct sales and partner relationships, through new business strategies and development initiatives. They will be expected to work closely with the wider business to provide accurate market data to generate forecasts and identify new commercial opportunities.
You will need to be a self-starter as you will be the first sales hire. This means you need to hit the ground running with run rate sales as you build your team.
The candidate must bring the following to the table:
- Previous experience in managing all aspects of quoting, pricing levels & margin
- A proven track record in sales and new business growth
- Ideally the candidate would be experienced in face to face technical/marine sales
- Experience with creating, presenting and running sales budgets
- Computer literate and capable with excel databases & PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Experience of the marine industry, preferable dealing with OEMs and marine products
- A foreign language would be a benefit but not essential
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Sales Manager is responsible for growing business with new and existing customers and partners as well overseeing the day to day technical and logistical support for the team. There will some element of overseas travel expected.
Sales Activity & account management
- The account manager will identify and develop strategy to develop the market and increase direct sales into superyacht customers.
- Sales team responsible for all customer bids, negotiating and pricing. Good knowledge of excel is required to prepare customer proposals and forecasts.
- The Sales manager is responsible for maintaining and increasing profitability with clients.
- The sales manager must ensure customer service is of the highest standard. Delivery performance will need to be monitored and a high level maintained.
- Regular customer visits will be required to support and understand the customer’s needs from project definition to implementation.
- TSM aims to be a prestige brand and quality is premium, the Sales manager represents the customer internally at TMS and is responsible for reporting issues and ensuring their resolution.
Managing the Team
This role will mean you need to recruit and develop a team of professionals to be proud of, so experience training and leading others and setting KPIs will become a key part as the business grows.
The Sales manager will maintain a database of each Sales activity, new boat development + product interest, annual production volumes, product coverage and competitor activity.
Territory + Customers
Customers will be superyacht captains, yacht managers and members of the insurance industry.