Job Title: Retoucher
Line Manager: Retouch Manager
Contract Type: Fixed-term contract (2 months)
Travel Required: No
WHO WE ARE
At MADE.COM we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers and no high street stores. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture at attractive prices.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
This is a core role working in our Retouching team- which is at the heart of all MADE.COM image production. You will be taking direction from the Retouching Manager/ Senior Retouchers in order to ensure that imagery standards are consistently high.
YOUR DAY AT MADE
- Delivering high standard e-comm Retouching services to support our fast paced global product release schedule.
- Artworking assets using bespoke inhouse Photoshop extensions.
- Managing/ organising imagery to meet weekly Retouching schedule and timings.
- Taking direction and image feedback from the Retouching Manager/ Senior Retouchers.
- Producing product and lifestyle imagery which are consistent, accurate and realistic.
- Liaising with the product team to retrieve swatches and other information.
- Creating additional image assets in a fast paced environment.
- Following the MADE image and Retouching guidelines.
- Working from spreadsheets and doing some administrative tasks to prepare and help track SKU progress before and during Retouching.
- Self motivation, and a curious nature.
- Passionate about retouching, and ideally an interest in furniture and interiors.
- Organised working methodology.
- A flexible and accommodating attitude.
- Able to multitask and manage workflow while working under pressure.
- Highly skilled in Photoshop, able to adapt to custom processes/ extensions, and in-house workflow.
- Being able to work autonomously and problem solve.
- Scrupulous attention to detail, and an excellent eye for accurate colour.
- A team player who can deal with a diverse range of Retouch requests.
- Keen to learn and receive Retouching feedback.
- Prior experience working in the ecommerce sector is essential.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- A portfolio demonstrating your Retouch work.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- We’re proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra day of holiday for every year served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we’re open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it’s important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of Shoreditch!
MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.
PLEASE APPLY WITH YOUR PORTFOLIO. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO AND COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.