Buying Manager | Leaf Envy
This is a part time role - 2 days per week. Perfect for an experienced ecommerce buyer who is looking to shape processes, join a fast-growing brand early on and have flexibility in their working week.
Leaf Envy is looking to hire an experienced and dynamic Buying Manager to oversee the purchasing and development roadmap of our products. Working closely with the Founder you’ll play an integral role in the business. You must be passionate about botanical products, obsessed with detail, very process driven and task-oriented. This is a very exciting position for the right candidate, and allows huge exposure to the strategic product development of an ecommerce startup with huge potential to grow with the business.
Not only will you be responsible for plant purchasing and managing relationships with existing suppliers, you will also play a key role in developing a product roadmap for Leaf Envy. You’ll be responsible for the product planning, development, selection and management of our own custom or white label products.
Our ideal candidate will have prior buying experience and will have worked with internal product development as well as individual external suppliers. You will have managed your own category before and have experience establishing and communicating a product strategy. As we continue to grow, our Buying Manager will be vital to Leaf Envy’s success, and as a small team, you will have to roll up your sleeves and execute on any day-to-day operations that will help us reach our goals.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Indoor plant purchasing: planning, monitoring and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Tracking deliveries, liaising with suppliers and uploading new stock to our ecommerce platform.
- Working with the Founder on our overarching product strategy spanning Plant Care Tools, Accessories, Custom Pots and our Subscription offering.
- Preparing budgets, negotiating margin to maximise profitability and building positive, long-term relationships with suppliers.
- Building a go-to-market product strategy and working closely with marketing to prioritise product marketing messaging to ensure the optimum success of the product launches.
- Conducting competitive intelligence, researching new suppliers, preparing competitive retail and pricing strategies and making recommendations to the Founder.
- You’ll compile reports on product performance, statistics and forecast purchasing trends.
- 4-6 years of experience in a relevant buying role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in a start-up environment is desirable, but not essential; show willingness to roll up sleeves, work in ambiguity and still drive forwards and be self-motivated
- Natural self-starter who can spot and run with business opportunities and has a proven track record of success.
- Highly detail-oriented
- Strong, proactive written and verbal communication skills
- Committed employee with a passion for plants and the Leaf Envy brand
Our working environment
- You’ll be joining a young, dynamic team and get the chance to help shape how we work, while using the latest tools and technologies, becoming an expert in your field.
- We’re relaxed, supportive of flexible working and have a strong and collaborative team culture.
- You’ll get first hand experience of start-up life: fundraising, rapid product development, incredible growth curves and everything else that comes with being part of a young, exciting business.
- Salary dependent on experience
- You’ll be joining a young, dynamic team and there’s plenty of scope to grow with our brand
- Planty perks (obviously) & a staff discount for friends & family
- A well stocked fridge and weekly food deliveries
- Regular socials
- Supportive of flexible working
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days / year holiday allowance (incl. Bank Holidays)
- Based in our studio near Broadway Market in Hackney, London
Send us a cover letter and CV.