Compensation Package: 40K Base pay + Commission + Share Options
Place of work: Remote
An exciting opportunity to join a high-growth technology start-up focused on eliminating fuel poverty and improving living standards in social Housing as a Customer Success Manager.
At Switchee, we believe that everyone deserves to live in a decent home and that the environments we inhabit have a massive influence on our ability to enjoy life and prosper.
One in five households in the UK live in social housing, a sector with the right values at its core but that has historically struggled to deploy innovations in the home. Many residents still can’t afford to heat their homes and live in cold, mouldy properties they can’t be proud of.
We believe that radical innovation in internet-connected technology can ensure that every resident, every day, is living in a home that allows them to succeed. That’s why our products are built not just on great technology, but on an understanding of what people want from the space they live in.
This approach led us to reimagine the most mundane household object, a thermostat, into a product that automatically reduces energy bills, looks great and offers control to those who want it. We are also revolutionising the way social landlords manage their housing stock with an obsessively tailored SaaS property dashboard and handy alerts on things like when the boiler is going to break.
Our next project is to build the ultimate connected hub for the social home. It’s going to revolutionise the way residents interact with their homes and landlords manage their properties.
We may be only 6 years old, but it’s already been quite a ride. Our first product, the connected Switchee thermostat is already in 55 of the UK’s biggest housing providers.
We’re growing 100% year on year and are backed by some of the best-known investors in technology and social impact. We are a small team of 25 passionate and ambitious people driven by a collective desire to make a positive impact in the housing sector, both for residents and landlords.
We are looking for a motivated individual to be an essential part of our Customer Success team, supporting the beating “heart” of the business and the customers.
As Customer Success Manager you will be pioneering the expansion of Switchee within large and enterprise accounts. This will include solution/product development and expansion of devices into all of our customers’ housing stock.
You will drive the adoption of our SaaS Landlord Platform by stakeholders in our clients’ organisation by building a compelling value proposition. You will become an advocate for the Switchee platform and technology while collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to deliver Switchee’s game-changing solution offering.
Together with the Customer Success team, you will contribute to increasing overall customer lifetime value for our clients by continuing to deepen relationships as we solve their problems. This role will keep you engaged as your focus will primarily be on our largest and most innovative accounts, driving adoption and documenting strategies to replicate this across all our consumer base.
- Owning the complete success of your customers, including implementation, product adoption, retention and growth.
- Working closely with the Sales team to ensure a smooth onboarding process.
- Implementing client change programmes.
- Collaborating with the Product team to shape our product development roadmap according to our customers’ feedback.
- Implement Success Enablement processes using data and reporting tools.
- Creating, developing and leveraging Head, Director and C-level relationships with clients.
We are a company built on a strong technical foundation. You’ll need to grasp and effectively manage a range of data sets, technology platforms and organisational complexity. Most importantly you will need initiative and drive.
Who You Are
These are ideal but not required as we know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Switchee:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong ability to build relationships with others.
- A background in Customer Success, Account Management or Consultancy and have a proven track record of driving data-driven product adoption in large and complex organisations, ideally through API.
- Experience working in a scaling startup with a high-performance culture.
- High attention to detail and a love of continuous learning and development.
- Knowledge of hardware-enabled IoT/SaaS technologies.
- Working with and managing a large variety of stakeholders.
- Experience in the Social Housing or the Housing sector would be a plus.
We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture. Values are shared beliefs that guide our decision-making, and culture is how we function as a group and how we live our values as individuals.
- You deeply care about Switchee’s mission; you have a desire to build something revolutionary, that will disrupt an industry, and positively impact people’s lives.
- You care about the environment, are interested in energy efficiency and have thought about the challenges and opportunities posed by an evolving domestic energy market.
- You like technology and neat solutions to complex problems.
- You thrive on challenge and change; you naturally gravitate to the hardest questions first and love thinking differently to solve them.
- You are biased towards action and you’re happiest when you’re “getting stuff done”.
- You’re open, positive and straightforward. You’re not afraid to stand up for your convictions, even when it’s hard to do so.
- You celebrate your colleagues’ successes and thrive on your failures; you grasp any opportunity for learning and personal growth.
We like to keep things simple and flexible at Switchee and consider you to be joining our family:
- You will be joining an open and inclusive environment.
- We don’t currently track holidays so you’re free to take as much as you need.
- Everyone at Switchee enjoys flexible working hours and is the master of their own routine.
- We are currently all working remotely and have a “people-first” approach to coming back to the office.
- We will provide you with all the necessary equipment to work from home in a safe and enjoyable manner.
- When we are not under lockdowns, we socialise together with regular outings in London and an annual “working remotely” trip where you have the option (but no obligation) to join us in working from a fun location.
- We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture. Values are shared beliefs that guide our decision-making, and culture is how we function as a group and how we live our values as individuals.
- We are hosting regular Virtual Socials and keep finding creative ways of staying connected with each other.
- We provide an L&D budget and access to our Switchee Library, where you can request new books monthly.
- We provide access to ThanksBen - a platform with plentiful discounts and free virtual wellbeing sessions.
- We connect you with an Employee Assistance Program - a program helping individuals in their life journeys with virtual or telephone counselling sessions.
- If we end up working together, we can offer a competitive salary and a generous stake in the company.