whatimpact.com is a two-sided B2B SaaS marketplace for corporate social responsibility activity. Through our AI-based matching algorithm, it partners companies & grant makers with charities & social enterprises based on shared goals and vision, regardless of size or industry, providing valuable donations of cash, skills-based volunteering, services and products. Companies & grant makers are also able to see the impact of their contribution through a Social Impact Report. Our goal is to disrupt the third-sector by bringing transparency and democracy to company and charity matchmaking.
Role: Product Development Manager & Systems Lead
Duration: Permanent employment or long-term contract
Capacity: Full-time / 4x days a week
Location: Mostly remote, but would be expected to come to the London office preferable once in a week/as agreed (when out of lockdown)
Seniority: Mid-senior level
Background to the role
A new iteration of whatimpact.com was launched in December 2020 (3 years previously we operated as whatCharity.com). We are looking for a dedicated professional to take a lead on our product development and work seamlessly with our tech, sales and communication to serve our potential and existing customers the best we can.
We are pre-Series A fundraising, so this is a great opportunity to join the team in early stages and make a difference. We hire talented, passionate professionals to join our flexible, inspiration work environment. At this stage the starting salaries are early-stage startup level, but will consider key hires to the founding team and to our options programme for a much higher future compensation.
The successful candidate must be experienced in digital product development and ideally be experienced in taking a beta product to commercialisation. They will be responsible for our product development cycles and management of all our technology systems.
- Proven experience as a product manager or similar role
- Experience in product lifecycle management and commercialisation
- Background in software development and project management
- Familiarity with modern agile software and product development practices
- Interest in understanding the user motivations, keen to engage with our customers to learn and test the product/features
- Interest in learning about company social responsibility and requirements for companies to collaborate with social value organisations
- Develop and implement a product strategy that is consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyse feedback from customers, stakeholders and other team members to shape requirements, features and the end product in order to maximise sales
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Produce and review product and feature requirements documents
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make technical recommendations to expand the product base and vision
- Implement ways to track product use, user activity / engagement and sales leads
- Able to analyse external and internal data and work with sales and external communications
- Responsible for managing all technology applications and systems whatimpact has in place (Hubspot, email systems, intercom, Sales Navigator, etc)
- Project management
- Product development team leadership or something similar
- Able to collaborate across the organisation and with partners
- Understanding of product development cycle
- Commercial acumen
CV or LinkedIn profile + answers to the following questions (we will only consider applications with answers)
Please answer the following questions (bullet points are fine):
- What is your salary expectation? Other compensations requests or interests eg. Benefits, future options etc?
- Do you have experience in bringing a new digital concept/business to market?
- Why are you interested in whatimpact?
- What is your start-up experience?