A bit about us
We are a small group of tech entrepreneurs based in London, but often in the US (COVID willing!). Purple Dot - The Waitlist Company is our second startup, our first one sold to Skyscanner in 2017. Our CEO was recently named one of the coolest female founders in UK tech! We are on a roll.
Purple Dot helps brands sell more and reduce inventory risk through high-converting waitlists. We are starting with fashion.
Our waitlist e-commerce plugin converts prepaid customers regardless of whether the merchant is ready to sell at that exact moment. Our product can be used throughout the retail product lifecycle -- pre-orders, in-season, and out-of-stock -- to sell more and reduce waste. Watch the video, see it in action on a retailer’s site (you may need to set your country to the UK). During and after a waitlist, we provide data to the retailer to help them make better stock buying decisions.
Why we think you’ll love working at Purple Dot:
- Work in a zero bureaucracy environment.
- Work with the founding members of a fast-moving, flexible, and focussed team that has already taken a startup from an idea to acquisition.
- Just like us, you’ll be learning every day. You’ll have an opportunity to learn and grow very quickly, with the help of a team that has done that before.
- Have a direct impact on our merchants and shoppers with everything you build and spend way more time on developing features instead of keeping the lights on.
- We are all in this for the journey and the experience and like to make it fun.
- A competitive salary and an EMI options scheme, so that you can share in Purple Dot’s success.
- Sometimes there’s free food, sometimes there’s free travel (covid permitting).
We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer that wants to join a small startup and have an impact as we scale.
This is a full-time role, we are all working remotely right now so most of our communication is done over Slack and Zoom. You can be based in the UK, we will take the opportunity to meet face to face monthly or quarterly in London.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop new features from idea through to production across our different services, including our shopper facing integrations, interactive dashboards as well as our APIs and data products.
- Work with the team to develop our analytics features that require collecting data from integrations, analyzing it and visualizing it in our dashboard.
- Engage in feature and MVP development, to make sure new features are able to scale and delight our customers.
- Participate in our lightweight engineering process - backlog prioritization, code reviews, frequent deploys, and daily standups.
- Both give and receive help and mentorship from our highly experienced engineers and to junior engineers as we grow our team.
What you’ll need to be successful
- 3+ years working in a professional software engineering team.
- A few years of experience building responsive web applications using:
- React / NodeJS experience.
- SQL databases, ideally Postgres
- You have worked on features that collect, analyze, and visualize data.
- You regularly build automated tests for your new features
- Have a growth mindset
- An open mind and a willingness to challenge yourself and learn new technical skills.
- As we scale we are learning every day what works and what doesn’t, you’ll need to be comfortable with learning from failure.
Bonus points for
- Experience with Python and data science tools (Jupyter, Pandas, scikit-learn, data visualisation).
- Experience with analysing data and building data-heavy features.
- Experience building technology that integrates with customer’s websites.
- Experience with e-commerce platforms like Shopify.
About us and our values
This is what makes us tick, do you tick like this?
- Always for Action - It’s better to be fast and wrong than to never find out in the first place.
- Focus First - Focus is our superpower.
- Diversity Raises the Bar - We challenge ourselves to diverse thinking, people, and experiences. Differences are what make us better.
- Excellence in Execution - We only find out if our ideas or plans are good or bad through executing and delivery to the best possible standard.
- It’s Meant To Be Fun - We love what we do, and you can tell that from the moment we talk about what we’re working on. We don’t take ourselves too seriously.