Head of Collections
We are looking for an experienced collections handler to join our Ops team, in order to optimise our collection rate and profitability of our various partnerships.
Who are we?
We’re a fast growing team of experienced tech, insurance and data science specialists, based in Paris, London and Berlin, at the early stage of our adventure! We’re well funded too! 😉 We believe in open, transparent teams, filled with quality people aiming together at ambitious goals.
The serious business bit…
We’re bringing B2B commerce into the 21st century with smart, easy to integrate, digital trade credit solutions. To put it simply, we are modernising the way businesses buy from each other by making it easier and safer to offer credit terms to business customers.
Almost 60% of B2B trade currently takes place on credit terms, yet current processes for offering trade credit are outdated and not fit for the digital age. We solve these issues by offering B2B merchants a powerful set of tools with our Trade Credit as a Service solution, allowing them to offer credit terms to their business customers instantly through a frictionless checkout experience. 🚀
Merchants that have already integrated with us see on average a 40% increase in revenues 💸... and we’re only just getting started.
Who are you?
We’ll let you take a moment to think more philosophically about this, but for us… We are seeking a sharp, energetic and passionate individual. This role is a unique opportunity to learn the nuts and bolts of digital financial services and build a well-rounded skill set alongside a team of experienced business leaders.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a background in B2B debt collection in a fintech or ecommerce environment, who is driven to grow and make a difference.
- Experience working in a management role in a B2B debt collection team
- Experience working with a range of tools to automate debt collection - for example, working in a scaling fintech business
- Understanding of the main legal frameworks across Europe
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - fluent English is a must-have, and business-proficient French or German would be a plus
- A fast learner, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and tech driven startup environment where change is constant
- Organised and methodical with the ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good work ethic with strong attention to detail
- Curious, creative and on the lookout for new ideas and methods
How will you make a difference?
As a Collection Specialist, you will be part of the Ops team working alongside the credit, data science and fraud teams to optimise our collection rate and profitability of our various B2B ecommerce partnerships. There are multiple components to this role.
- Define and adapt the collection strategy for our various partnerships across Europe
- Build the debt collection team as we scale, and oversee the training and mentoring of junior collection handler roles
- Monitor the cases under collection and initiate the amicable and legal actions all along the collection process
- Manage the relationship with our external debt collection suppliers across Europe, who are used once internal processes have failed
- Prepare and share collection KPIs with the rest of the team
- Liaise with our reinsurer for cases reaching the claim stage and collect the adequate documentation
- Encourage the continuous challenge of current collection process and oversee a process of continuous improvement and automation
- Working with our CTO, define the technology roadmap to support our collections processes
- Contribute to any task in order to improve the performance of the portfolio
What’s in it for you…
We’re offering the chance to really make a difference. You’ll be working side by side with the founders in a flat structure. The opportunity for personal growth in a fast-moving startup is very real. Your opinion and feedback will be heard and valued and you’ll feel a part of a very special family.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including participation in the success of the company through a share options package.
How do I apply?
No need for long formalities. Send us your CV and we’ll schedule a video or phone interview.