Who we are:
Big Wave Brands Ltd is a young start-up that has a created a fantastic new, versatile 27% ABV spirit: Spirit of Aloha 65, and for a bit of extra fun, a spicy sauce (made from the same ingredients minus the alcohol!) and some delicious things we call “Detonators”, our chilli-infused pineapple chunks. Our mission is to build a major, global, disruptive, spirits brand (and maybe also a pretty large spicy sauce and snack company…). Our products are all vegan and we proudly support The Plastic Oceans Foundation (UK). Our brand is fun, young and doesn’t take itself too seriously. In 2020, the year after we launched, we received an award recently for being Europe’s most innovative new spirit and another for having the best Social Media Tribe.
Our spirit is made for us in Holland and our sauce and Detonators are currently made in small batches in the UK. We sell our products through multiple channels. We sell online through our own website www.aloha65.com, as well as Amazon and other third-party online specialist vendors. We sell our products to the on-trade (pubs, bars, hotels and restaurants) directly, but increasingly through a number of large on-trade wholesalers. We also sell our products directly to the off-trade (retailers) but also through an agent, that has distribution and reach nationwide, to garden centres, delis and farm shops. We are targeting to rapidly achieve significant scale in all three channels. Consumer reaction since we launched the product 18 months ago has been overwhelmingly positive and we have been very well received by the trade with a national bar chain with 120 bars putting us front and centre in a twist on a classic cocktail. We are also in advanced discussions regarding an international launch in five key markets with a strategic partner of global scale of an RTD canned “Aloha Spritz” and have the liquid and packaging ready to go.
Things are moving very fast and as demand for our products has increased significantly (with some major new customers in the imminent pipeline) and our business becomes increasingly complex, we are looking for a multi-skilled operations manager to take responsibility for all the operationals aspect of the business. This role would suit a candidate who has experience of supply chain management (ideally in the spirits or beverages category) and aspects of company administration (including finance, IT, compliance) who wants to join us for the ride!
Who you are:
- You are our control centre. Reporting to the CEO you will oversee all our daily business operations – no job is too big or too small for you
- You are very logistically minded, super organised and amazing at multi-tasking
- You have at least 1-3 years’ relevant experience in an operations, administration or logistics role, ideally in the spirits industry or related sector.
- You will have experience working well under pressure and will have managed multiple suppliers and customers
- You may have worked in a fast-paced operational or start-up environment before or honed your skills in a larger company where you can bring their best practices to bear
- You will have worked in a consumer products company that sells product through multiple channels
- You are a fast learner and able to analyse and understand problems quickly and propose viable cost-effective solutions and can apply good judgement with confidence
- You are very systematic, organised, and conscientious and don’t turn a blind eye to issues, but instead you jump on them and have a strong desire to solve them
- You are hugely detailed oriented and don’t ever cut corners
- You are highly proficient in using tools such as Excel and Google Sheets
- You have a basic understanding of financial metrics and and accounting
- You are a self-motivated and structured worker, happy to work independently
- You are highly effective and efficient – as use of time and resources are always limited
- You love working in a start-up team!
- ... an Aloha 65 lover!
What you'll do:
- Manage our supply chain (including our branded merchandise and packaging) including procurement, arranging, tracking, recording and processing all movements of goods from supplier to end customer including packaging and fulfilment solutions.
- Be responsible for inventory management and all our logistics including tracking, re-ordering, creating and managing SKU barcodes and other technical information.
- Liaise with suppliers, customers (both business and consumers), third party logistics and other service providers to insure the seamless and timely supply of products to customers.
- Carry out a large number of administrative functions including new account documentation, IT fixer and IT system integrator, legal and regulatory compliance and certification, payments to suppliers and third-party service providers and reconciliation with our accounting software.
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to work with an exciting and rapidly growing business as part of a small, determined and dynamic team.
- The opportunity to get in on the first floor and work directly for the CEO in a small but growing team and to build you own team as we grow.
- The opportunity to make a real difference, effect change and implement systems and processes and take the company to the next level and beyond with the financial and emotional rewards that will bring.
- Milestone based equity participation.
- Copious quantities of Aloha 65!
To apply, please:
- Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing why you would like to join the Aloha 65 team and why you are right for this role.