3-month initial contract, possibility of a permanent position for the right candidate
Do you have an aptitude for analysing and interpreting scientific data, an eye for detail and a flair for the written word?
First Longevity is seeking a full-time scientific editor for a 3-month initial period, with a view to a full-time position to follow (based on performance), starting ASAP.
We are interested in candidates with expertise in any area of life science or a similar scientific field (this would include computer science, biomechanical engineering etc).
You will be working within our market intelligence unit to compile scientific market reports for investors and commercial organisations.
What we are looking for:
- Broad, enthusiastic interest in science; ideally with specific knowledge in the benefits of new longevity technologies
- A desire to learn;
- Minimum 2:1 BS/BSc in a relevant scientific or clinical discipline;
- A talent for clear communication and an engaging writing style;
- An eye for detail and impeccable written English;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills;
- Interest in market dynamics, challenges and opportunities, and competitor strategies;
- Ability to think critically and to identify, understand and summarise new areas of research;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse global team;
- Ability to produce high-quality work whilst working to tight deadlines.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Research, write and edit scientific and market content for longevity publications including industry sector reports;
- Reviewing and assessing scientific research papers;
- Analysing business data/results of clinical trials and surveys;
- Interpreting, manipulating, and presenting complex data;
- Compiling a list of key companies for market report and writing individual company summaries;
- Conducting interviews with scientists, academics and industry experts;
- Establishing relationships with researchers and C-suite;
- Working collaboratively with our editorial team members;
- Identifying new and exciting research;
- Building effective working relationships with scientific colleagues and the longevity investment industry;
- Copy editing of manuscripts for language and readability in line with house style and policies;
- Checking factual content and raising queries with the Editor when necessary
About First Longevity:
First Longevity is the parent company of Longevity.Technology, the #1 location for daily Longevity news.
Longevity.Technology is a team of journalists, researchers and tech commercialisation professionals; our mission is to create the #1 destination for news and insights on the technologies that extend life and maintain the quality of that extended life.
Longevity differs from normal healthcare (with its focus on curing specific diseases and conditions) by its focus on overcoming the challenge of ageing – to live well and delay death: healthspan and lifespan.
We would be delighted if you were to join us on our journey.