Robin AI is an exciting, venture-backed technology company whose mission is to dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of legal advice. Backed by Forward Partners (one of London’s leading early stage investors), Robin use a combination of human and artificial intelligence to review and edit contracts and are building software to fundamentally change the legal industry.
Robin was established in March 2019 by CEO Richard Robinson (a former lawyer) and CTO James Clough (a theoretical physicist who works in Machine Learning). We have since assembled a talented and diverse team of legal, software and machine learning engineers to build the next generation of contracting tools.
Why is this role important to Robin AI?
Our current product uses neural networks to read and comprehend written contracts, assesses whether they adhere to our customers’ preferred positions, and then automatically amends them. But our ambitions go way beyond reviewing contracts – we want to build technology that changes the way companies all over the world do deals.
To do that we want to build a new, structured way for businesses to make and agree contracts. This new product will replace the outdated Microsoft Word workflow with a browser-based, visual contract building application that will empower anyone – with or without legal training - to create a world class contract. Just as Figma has democratised design tools, and WebFlow has democratised website development, we want to give business owners, HR teams, procurement teams and in-house lawyers all over the world the ability to create and negotiate any business contract by combining legal, design, software and machine learning expertise.
We’ve already made great progress towards this product vision, but you will play a pivotal role in making it a reality. We need to make sure this product is intuitive enough to allow users without years of legal training to confidently build and edit contracts that they can understand, but is also technically powerful enough to allow users with legal expertise to draft complex legal documents. And the contracting framework behind this interface needs to be robust, so that the resulting documents are legally water-tight.
What’s the opportunity?
This is a chance to shape a game-changing product that will (hopefully) disrupt one of the biggest, oldest and most conservative industries in the world. You will lead the research, prototyping, wireframing and design of our new contracting platform.
We are looking for someone with world-class user research skills that can test assumptions and validate product hypotheses, can build low fidelity prototypes to gather customer feedback and can convert those rich insights into wireframes that map out a user’s journey through a ground-breaking new product. You will be a confident and experienced product designer who loves learning about new domains, and can work collaboratively with software, machine learning and legal engineers.
Sounds great! What are my responsibilities?
- Leading product design for a ground-breaking new self-serve software product.
- Leading user research interviews to test commercial, UX and technical hypotheses.
- Building low-fidelity prototypes and user tests to illicit concrete UX and UI feedback.
- Clearly and effectively communicating customer insights to a cross-functional team of engineers and internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring our users are at the center of our product design process.
What about my skills?
- You are a great designer and love what you do, and have at least 3 years of experience designing SaaS products.
- You have experience in user research and testing and are happy talking directly to customers about products you are designing.
- You have an interesting portfolio that demonstrates your design expertise, and ideally have worked on a self-serve product.
- You can think creatively and use UX concepts to create an enjoyable user experience.
- You can translate concepts and brand identity guidelines into mockups, wireframes, sketches and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- You have experience designing user interviews and working directly with senior stakeholders through the delivery process.
- You will enjoy working in a stimulating, diverse and intellectually challenging environment where collaboration is essential to achieving results. Experience working with or understanding contracts is absolutely not a pre-requisite, but it may be helpful– so let us know if you have any experience in that space or have an interest in it.
What are the benefits of working at Robin AI
We’re a small, cross-functional team and we are constantly using our skills to teach each other. If you work with us, you can expect:
- Generous equity package.
- Competitive salary (between £45,000 - £65,000, dependent on experience).
- Flexible working + working from home.
- Access to online learning materials.
- Laptop, office equipment and a personal desk plant.
- Our offices are at WeWork in Bank, where you will have a dedicated desk in our private office space, which you are free to personalise. We also have access to all of the amenities within WeWork including a pool table, table football, table tennis, co-working space, free barista-made coffee and free beer in the evenings. Given the current lockdown we are all working from home, and you can expect to work in a hybrid-remote model as restrictions are lifted.