Hi there 👋
We’re Desana and we’re building a brand new workplace experience for the world's largest companies; enabling their people to fit work around their lives, spending time in amazing spaces to suit where they’d like to be, or what they need to do.
Since March 2020 the world has learned that working from home every day is not a long-term solution for many. Neither is going back to the office full-time. As things start to open up again, we’ll enable people to escape the house, while avoiding long commutes, by giving them seamless access to phenomenal workspaces anywhere in the world.
About the Role
Our mission is to change the way the world works for the better - and that starts with our own company. We want Desana to be the best place people have ever worked and you’ll play a key part in shaping that.
We plan to more than triple the size of our team so the role will have a strong focus on recruitment: you’ll be involved in improving our existing recruitment process, identifying candidates and onboarding new staff. Amongst that, you’ll get to refine and improve our existing HR processes. We’re already strongly committed to promoting equality across the organisation and we want someone who can take our existing frameworks and run with them. You’ll have an opportunity to shape the company’s policies during a time of rapid growth.
The role will initially be part-time and we see it becoming full-time quite quickly.
- Lead recruitment by writing job specifications, candidate screening questionnaires, identifying candidates for interview, running the interview, and conducting reference checks.
- Issue employment contracts and onboard staff.
- Provide support to the team in various topics such as leave and compensation.
- Resolve any HR issues that may arise.
- Work to keep Desana a conflict-free workplace.
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies and contracts.
- Help to improve performance management and people development.
- Work to improve team satisfaction, wellbeing, and retention.
- Conduct quarterly and annual employee performance reviews.
- Apply new perks and benefits and organise training and team building activities.
- Identify ways to improve HR processes and implement new policies and ensure compliance with labour regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness.
- Resourceful, problem-solving attitude, and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies.
- Experience of Employment Law and equal opportunity legislation.
- You’re excited by the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s working lives.
- You love to learn and continually develop yourself and your wider team.
- Like to have fun, interact well with others and be a team player.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Based in a timezone between UTC+0 and UTC+3.
- CIPD (or similar) qualification would be great.
- Previous experience recruiting for a tech company is a plus.
Your career and progression are massively important to us.
That’s why we’re building complete career progression transparency—mapping salaries and company share options to every stage of your development—so that you know exactly how you can progress, and how much you’ll be paid when you achieve your goals (you'll also be closely involved in the whole process). We also happen to be a leading company in one of the biggest market changes in history...
Salary and Progression
Pay and Share Options have always been a bit of a dark art 🔮
We strongly believe the dark needs some light. That’s why we’re building tools to facilitate complete salary transparency and progression paths so that you’ll always know how you can grow and what it will mean when you do. You can find that here: http://bit.ly/SalaryandShareOptionCalculator.
It doesn't matter who you are and what your background is - so long as you have the right skills and are a great team player, we believe that you should be paid fairly and the same as everyone else at your level.
Based on our framework (which computes above average salaries for your role across a number of sources and applies factors to account for things like your experience, seniority and location), your salary for this role will be between £30,089 to £45,540 (pro-rata) depending on your experience and location.
Here’s what we have for you so far (but we want to add to our benefits all the time as we grow)
- Your salary
- Plus regular salary reviews measured against transparent, clearly defined milestones and market benchmarks.
- With company performance related bonuses - when we do well, you do well.
- Not to mention Share Options in our company that grow as you do.
🤸🏽♂️ Flexible working hours
- We’re a company built around the idea of flexible working. We don’t just sell the dream, we live it.
- As long as you’re hitting your targets & covering your contracted hours we’re easy about when you work - it’s what works best for you.
🌏 Work Remotely
- You’ll get free access to the Desana app to work from wherever’s most convenient or best for you. Anywhere.
- Or, if the Amazon-lady is dropping off a parcel, or if it’s just better for you, choose to work from home.
- You’ll officially get 28 days in your contract.
- Unofficially, we’re pretty relaxed. If you’re doing a great job and not taking the mickey, who’s counting?
- Also, take your birthday off, no questions.
- Meaningful work with people who care.
- We work with you to set and achieve your professional and personal goals.
- Friday afternoons are dedicated to personal development - read, meet with mentors, listen to Podcasts, jump on YouTube - but there’s one catch: it has to be relevant to your role & we want to hear what you’ve been learning so we can all benefit and grow too.
- Personal budgets for books, training courses and conferences for everyone.
- We offer a 4% employer contribution (we pay you 100% of your salary, then 4% extra into your pension).
- We use SMART Pensions because they invest in passive Index Funds that are relatively low cost - meaning they should (note the emphasis on should) provide better returns than actively managed funds in the long-term.
- We’ll automatically enrol you but you can choose to opt-out if you’d like.
Like most companies at the moment, our team is entirely remote, and so is our interview process. You’ll need access to a device for video calls and a good internet connection.
- Initial application (short questionnaire that’ll tell us a bit about you)
- Initial video call (30 minutes)
- A short test that’s related to the challenges we face at Desana
- Role specific interview (1 hour)