Who are we?
Calibre is a new pre-employment assessment platform aimed at helping firms increase their recruitment efficiency and filter for the optimal candidates.
Over the last few years, we have analysed the currently available testing services and conducted surveys with university students regarding their experiences with pre-employment assessments. The key conclusions we have found are:
- Existing assessments are not designed well and are not visually engaging for candidates
- Candidates become discouraged from applying for too many roles as they have to complete multiple sets of assessments for each application
- Candidates have experienced repeated questions between employers, effectively making the filtration process redundant
As a result, we founded Calibre, a new pre-employment assessment which will offer will offer both general aptitude (e.g. numerical, verbal, memory) and subject specific (e.g. programming aptitude, modelling, accounting principles) assessments which are interactive and visually-engaging.
We also ensure that applicants take the assessments multiple times to check for consistency and eliminate the element of luck. Applicants only have to complete these assessments every six months and can then submit the same scores to multiple firms saving time for both applicants and for employers. Our assessments also utilise computer adaptive testing along with an extensive question bank to prevent repetition of questions between candidates.
Check us out at calibreassessments.com!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a CSO / Chief Science Officer to join us on our journey and help us build the world’s best pre-employment platform. We need someone with a passion for psychology who can proactively research assessment methodologies and take charge of designing the assessments to ensure we are providing the best results for our clients.
- Proactive and driven!
- A thorough understanding of the theory and practice behind personnel assessment and selection
- Preferably a Masters/PhD in psychology (with a focus on occupational psychology)
- Outstanding communication skills and an ability to talk about complex ideas to investors and clients
Where are we in our journey?
We have conducted extensive research on the top competitors in the industry, created initial designs and received interest from a few companies. We feel we are now ready to build the product and begin a pilot testing phase.
What can we offer?
Initially, this will be an equity-only, unpaid role. We aim to offer you a salaried role once we have acquired funding.
If you’re interested in finding out more, please reach out to us and we’re more than happy to set up a call! :)