A bit about us:
We are a disruptive property management platform transforming the way landlords and tenants interact with the rental market. Octo is fully funded and backed by institutional investors.
As we continue to grow, we're looking for a tech lead who can be hands-on as the software engineer, owning all technical duties, architecture, and lead the hiring and management of the tech team as our platform scales.
You will work closely with the Founder, Operations Director and advisors to contribute to business decisions and lead on technical strategies.
This role is for someone ready to join a team who are building a cutting-edge product with global ambitions, and incredible early demand. As our first technical hire and as a lead, we expect you to take a hands-on coding role and to own the strategic architecture from day one.
You will have experience in building projects from scratch in Node.js, React & Next.js including all elements of the stack from database design through to API and UI. You will have excellent visualisation skills and be able to plan a component hierarchy from a flat design.
You will be excited about creating great user and developer experiences and understand that great APIs and interfaces are as much about simplicity of adoption as they are about looks. You will enjoy working closely with others to flush out the very best ideas, secure in the knowledge of your own skills and leadership to then bring these to production.
You are someone who has made a career out of confidently delivering software projects and knowing that they have made a significant contribution to the goals of the organisation.
- 3+ years professional experience in React & Node.js
- Pro-active, positive and problem solving mindset
- Interested in our business and building a user friendly platform
- Comfortable in a fast-paced remote start-up environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Clear communicator of engineering concepts and of the rationale behind decisions
- Strong time management skills and the ability to deliver projects on time whilst meeting high-quality standards
Required Tech Skills: React, Node.js, Next.js, SQL, Docker, Git.
- Lucrative bonus scheme – have the opportunity to achieve lucrative bonuses.
- Work remotely - anywhere in the UK. No commute. Lots of flexibility.
- Autonomy - you decide how to achieve your best work.
- Build a new industry - help define the future of the web.
This is a massive opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded engineer who wants to be part of something genuinely transformative and career-defining. Alongside offering a competitive salary and bonus scheme, we'll conduct regular salary/ bonus reviews as we scale/fundraise. If you have a craving for startups, entrepreneurship, and a very ambitious mindset, go ahead and apply!