We're not happy with accounting right now. It's not working for accountants and it's not working for innovative businesses.
Our FinOps Manager role provides meaningful careers to the brightest accountants in London, whilst solving a very real problem for startups. We provide you with the tools to become a startup finance expert, and help you use them with startups where you can really make a difference.
In a typical week you’ll split your time between two or three of the fastest growing startups in London, so you learn twice as fast. In each case, you’ll be working directly for the entrepreneur or CFO.
About the role
We've explained here What a FinOps Manager is exactly, but in summary you will:
- Work across a portfolio of the fastest growing startups in London
- Spend time directly working with each client, getting to know their team and their industry.
- Help to design and implement financial processes that support their ambitious growth plans.
- Oversee our FinOps Associates who work remotely on the nuts and bolts of the finances.
- Act as the main point of contact between our team and your clients.
- Be involved in at least one internal area to help grow Quantico, e.g. Sales or Marketing
We deliver world class finance teams to rapidly scaling businesses. There’s no need to hire one person full time and expecting them to do everything. We provide a mix of skill-sets, supported by unlimited access to our methodology and subject matter experts. Whether it's building a forecast, processing expenses or getting paid, we've got it covered.
We’re looking for recently qualified accountants, either from a top tier firm or with experience working directly in a startup finance function.
A demonstrated interest in fast-growing businesses and entrepreneurship is essential.
You need to be comfortable working with entrepreneurs and different functional teams in their businesses. You also need to know how to communicate financial concepts to different parts of the organisation and be able to support them when needed. You must be diplomatic but also know how to fight your corner when appropriate.
You’ll be supported by experienced engagement leaders, a peer group network and a range of experts, so you don’t need to know all the answers. However, you do need to be confident in asking for help when you need it. The role is not appropriate to anyone looking for constant close supervision.