Wood Green Operations Manager – United Kingdom (start date ASAP)
Karma Kitchen is focussed on a single mission; to build beautiful, functional commercial kitchens at speed and scale, to provide the space required by passionate food businesses that want to grow.
We take old, often disused commercial units and transform them into private workspaces and even individual workbenches. We’re building the infrastructure and foundations of a global new food landscape, we’re helping businesses at every stage of growth to scale, and we’re doing it in partnership with the communities in which we operate.
A killer operations manager. It's a big job, you'll be in charge of our largest site in Wood Green, making sure the site looks great, works well and telling the HQ team what's what.
We need an operations manager who listens, collaborates, and communicates Who recognises the company's vision, sees value in our values and is there to fight for Karma Kitchen alongside our founding team.
Our ops team are our ears to the ground, they need to have our back, when it comes to good kitchen management, compliance and reporting. Your the first people our clients meet in the morning and you're the one they call when they have a concern. This is a job for someone who is kind and friendly but can enforce the kitchen rules. You'll be talking to clients, our team members, contractors and delivery people, communication is a fundamental part of this role.
It's an extremely hands on job, problem solving, fixing things, you're jumping into the front lines of what we do. You'll be on your feet as much as working on excel. Our kitchens are busy, serving up to 60 different businesses, everyone needs a little looking after from time to time.
Finally, you'll be walking into a culture of mainly women led, jelly bean desks and jungle style plant filled office. We have limited process but a lot of hard work and excellence. We are an inclusive team and we believe that cognitive diversity is essential in good decision and execution.
Be ready to listen first and then talk. To collaborate before deciding and who can guide rather dictate.
You will drive the operational excellence of our Wood Green site, with ownership over the site and budget
Managing the day to day operations of Karma Kitchen Wood Green.
Keeping things safe and hygienic
Communicating with our customers
- Greeting clients, driver, delivery people, other team members
- Getting to know our businesses
- leading kitchen inductions, this is a formal process of inducting new businesses into our space, involving best practices and health and safety expectations
- Occasionally we may ask you to tour prospective clients around the space
- Communicating with partners, gathering feedback and improving processes (send out regular questionnaires and action feedback)
- Reporting to the General Manager, a summary of the week
- Health and safety reporting
- You’re a problem solver who cares about partner experience and loves building long-term relationships.
- You’re just as comfortable training chefs in a kitchen as you are sitting behind a computer.
- You’re ambitious and hardworking, willing to do what it takes for us to reach our goals.
- You show attention to detail and are comfortable with spreadsheets and project management tools.
- You’re excellent at managing your time and can juggle multiple accounts and needs.
- You enjoy managing and developing people and have some experience to back this up.
- You are flexible with your schedule: your Restaurant Partners make their money in the evenings and weekends so you will understand that much of your work will be done during these times.