THIS IS A 6 MONTH KICKSTART PLACEMENT WHICH IS ONLY OPEN TO CANDIDATES AGED 16-24 YEARS OLD WHO ARE OUT OF WORK AND CLAIMING UNIVERSAL CREDIT. AS PART OF THE SELECTION PROCESS, YOU WILL NEED TO BE CONFIRMED ELIGIBLE BY YOUR JOBCENTRE WORK COACH. UNFORTUNATELY, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THESE CRITERIA FOR THIS ROLE.
An innovative social enterprise is looking for a savvy self-starter Developer with a passion for making a positive difference to the world.
You will have the opportunity to make the role your own, room to excel and power to influence the direction of the business.
This is a diverse role and one perfect for a confident and ambitious individual looking to get hands-on experience.
For now, it's a part-time role working remotely but with time your hours may increase along with your salary.
You will be responsible for maintaining our site and bringing to market a mobile app. 90% of your time will be focused on building our IOS and Android app using React native or a similar framework and 10% maintaining and developing our sites.
You will be working very closely with the UX Architect/Director to define the experience and service for our members.
- Translating designs to HTML/CSS that renders cross-browser and device (desktop, tablet and phone)
- Delivering across the entire app life cycle - from concept to completion
- Configure, customise and maintain our WordPress sites
- Troubleshooting any functionality, performance or feature issues
- Attend training
- Keep up to date with the latest mobile technology industry trends
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a Developer looking to develop a career within a rapidly growing business.
The desirable skill we are looking for that will provide a distinct advantage but not essential as training will be provided are:
- Version control e.g. GIT Hub
- Experience in maintaining WordPress, server administration and existing PHP code, optimising MySQL queries and improving solution performance
- Any Agile knowledge or experience will be an added advantage.
Swopz Shop, an online swapping community helping anyone to swap out the old for the new in an easy and rewarding way.
A unique marketplace whereby consumers barter with points to obtain new-to-you items.
Our platform both enables and incentivises consumers to re-cycle more in a frictionless, easy to use way.
Our current offering is only the beginning of our big vision in transforming the circular economy by making recycling easy, accessible and incentivising people to recycle more within their local community.
Reference ID: dev-kickstarter
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Salary: Up to £8.72 per hour