Chief Revenue Officer
We’re looking for an outstanding candidate to join our executive team and work alongside our CEO to lead the transformation and scaling of our commercial operation. The position will report to the CEO, sit on the company board as an observer and will take ownership of the growth, profitability and scaling of the company’s product portfolio, routes to market, pricing and marketing.
Kokoon are an award winning, venture capital backed, digital health technology company based in London. We are world leaders in personalised sleep improvement.
We founded Kokoon with the belief that science and technology can unlock the full potential of sleep to help us live more productive, happier and healthier lives. In our hyper-connected, over stimulated world we’ve seen poor sleep and mental health grow to become one of the largest hidden health crises of our generation, recently compounded by the isolation of this current crisis. Whilst sleep clinics provide fantastic, valuable support for the most chronic issues it’s our mission at Kokoon to make this science accessible to the wider population in a more convenient, more enjoyable manner.
Kokoon have seen strong early traction with over £6m in revenue in and a userbase of over 40,000 customers. 2021 sees the company transitioning from a product to solution company launching subscriptions and B2B sales to complement our consumer sales. We recently announced our latest device “NightBuds” which is launching in May and has already pre-sold to over 10,000 customers.
Kokoon’s core technology is a software and content platform which translates data (bio-data from devices and user entered data) into sleep improvements and positive experiences. Users receive personalised sleep coaching based on CBTi and have their relaxation and sleep experience optimised in real time through adaptive audio.
The Chief Revenue Officer will ultimately be accountable for Kokoon revenue growth and profitability, through Sales, Marketing, Operations and Customer Success. You will be responsible for executing a data-driven growth strategy for the consumer and B2B markets as well as transitioning the company towards subscription revenues.
You will be responsible for nurturing the commercial functions of the business, getting hands on where necessary whilst leading and growing our marketing and operations teams.
You will work very closely with the CEO and report to the Board for sales performance, key metrics and strategy
- Scaling of company revenue and profitability
- Launch and scaling of new subscription business model
- Launch and scaling of new B2B sales channel
- Understand the customer and the evolving market. Identify how best to reach, communicate, convert and build lasting relationships with our customers
- Lead and grow the Sales, Marketing, Operations and Customer Success teams
A Bit About You
You’ll have first-hand experience scaling a new business taking revenues from £2m to £20m+ in a previous role. You’ll be an expert in consumer marketing and ideally have first-hand experience with a direct to consumer subscription business.
The ideal candidate is creative, resourceful, commercially minded, and able to balance strategic planning with efficient, relentless execution. You’ll have a proven ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively in a team environment in close alignment with Marketing, Product and Operations. You understand selling services to consumers and have experience working within service led business.
You’ll be able to get the best from people & partners, able to inspire and motivate, driving efficient working and quality outcomes.
You’ll have an affinity for the customer and have worked in and around consumer marketing helping build and scale brands. You’ll have a natural curiosity constantly learning and bringing best in class insights to Kokoon.
You’ll have an excellent work ethic and able to take pleasure and pride from achievements and outcomes you deliver. You’ll have a desire to make a difference building a household brand delivering a positive benefit to humanity’s health and wellness.
- Ideally you’ll have worked in growth and marketing within start-up and scale up phases preferably with consumer products. You’ll be able to work with limited budget but also able to scale and grow rapidly.
- You’ll have built go to market plans and executed on those plans and delivered results
- You’ll have an excellent grounding in business ideally with experience growing an international consumer business. Ideally you’ll have excellent academic credentials with an solid grounding in business fundamentals via a top tier graduate training scheme.
- You’ll have experience of the consumer technology industry
- You’ll be used to getting hands on, rolling up your sleeves to lead from the front
- You have experience of coaching, growing and developing a team
- You can demonstrate that you are not only a great manager but the best salesperson in the organisation
- You use data to forecast, make decisions and iterate as well as using to make sure your strategy is correct
- You’re not fazed by big challenges in a startup environment and can bring limitless enthusiasm and drive to the business
- You will have experience of reporting at board level and interacting with investors
The amazing people of Kokoon are the core of our business. We believe in making it a great inspiring place to work where efficiency, enjoyment and results are valued on our mission to unlock better sleep for the world.
Flexible working – We’ve a London office in Bermondsey however meetings are online so working wherever is most effective
- Competitive package based on experience (£80k-£90k base + up to £90k performance related bonus)
- Meaningful EMI equity options so you share in Kokoon’s success
- Working within a fun, dynamic and motivated team
- 25 days holiday per annum