# The company you’ll join
Vauban is fundamentally transforming the alternative investment landscape.
One of the most impactful human inventions ever is the legal entity (called a “vehicle”). It allows people to pool and deploy capital, to innovate, to fundraise - all in a structured and risk-limited way.
A Wealth Container is a vehicle that allows people to pool money together and invest it in assets. Anything can be an asset: the startup that created the software you are using to read this job ad, the building you are living in, a bar of gold, or even a Picasso masterpiece.
Our Wealth Container platform enables dealmakers, venture capitals and property developers to open Wealth Containers in a number of clicks all from the comfort of their laptop.
We have been trusted to create over 200 Wealth Containers, holding over $300m in capital, and have helped investors own stakes in such companies as Airbnb, SpaceX, Tide and many more. We are not stopping there - our ambitious plans include becoming the standard for vehicles across the world, the AWS of private assets.
# The challenges you'll tackle
- Hiring Mastery: You will own the entire hiring cycle from sourcing to job offer, whilst working closely with the C-suite and hiring managers on defining the ultimate hiring approach.
- Talent Scouting: Direct hiring will be a major part of this role, as you aim to use your inner detective skills to unearth hidden talent gems.
- Candidate Success: You aspire to deliver a world-class candidate experience that leaves a lasting impression on every applicant.
- Analytics: You will love all things analytical and your will report on recruitment metrics to the business on a regular basis.
- Polymath: You are not fazed by the complicated - you will be hiring across business lines: Sales, Tech, Fund Structuring and Compliance.
# The impact you'll have
You will be our first talent acquisition hire so will have a clean slate to work from building on what we have created to date. This means you get to design the future of recruitment and onboarding at Vauban by leveraging your experience and industry best practices.
# Who you are
- 5+ years in-house experience in a similar role within a high-growth business
- 2+ years experience working for a tech company
- Used to handling a high volume of recruitment and are as cool as a cucumber when dealing with pressure.
- Excellent understanding of using applicant tracking systems and how to maximize candidate experience through data.
- Happy to roll-up your sleeves and get involved in internal projects like employer branding, L&D and others.
- We are at the intersection of tech, finance, accounting, legal, tax and regulation. You'll be hungry to learn!
- Interest in Venture Capital/Private Equity: if you are excited as we are when we hear these words, you're in the right place.
This role would really fit someone with extensive talent acquisition experience in the FinTech space, but we embrace diversity in talent and background, so feel free to apply even if you feel like you don’t fully match the description above.
# How we work
We have a simple philosophy – we live, breathe, and lead by 4 key values:
- Courage - We undertake stark missions and bold strategic moves that most find crazy and we fight courageously to make them happen.
- Pioneer - Traditional players in our industry offer extremely poor user experiences of all industries because it is full of assumptions used as excuses to remain in the past. We think from first principles and debunk myths, doing things in a way that has never been done before.
- Polymath - Vauban is an end-to-end product, each of our containers has a lot of expertise behind it: engineering, legal, finance and design. But it's perfectly integrated. This is because we have no divisions: everyone has an interest in what the other is doing. If you often find yourself searching about various different stuff online to constantly learn new things, you are at home at Vauban.
- 110% - We work hard and smart. We believe in the concept of scale down to the smallest level, where adding a little more productivity at the micro-level can build towards extraordinary outcomes.
# What we can offer you
- Be a part of a growing technology startup and shape the future of alternative investments.
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- 32 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Weekly team breakfasts
- Free book subscriptions
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Office in the City of London
- Team gaming nights / dinners / parties (When that's an option)
# About Vauban
Vauban was founded by Rémy Astie and Ulric Musset with a passion to revolutionise the way that fund structuring and administration worked - by making it as simple and pain-free as how shipping containers changed the way international shipping worked. Wealth Containers was the logical next step in that evolution. Since building their very first Wealth Container, they have changed the way that over 3,000 investors have accessed alternative investments.
We have been backed by key partners such as Kima Ventures, West Loop Ventures, United First Partners, and Pi Labs. Vauban is headquartered in London, and is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 825317).