Punk Money is a hugely disruptive Fin-Tech start-up that is developing a completely new type of financial platform with a community at its core. Currently in development, we’ll be launching to the public mid-year.
We're looking for a frontend developer to join our growing team in London, someone who is hands on and can implement quickly, solve problems and iterate fast. You will primarily be building our mobile frontend, supporting on the website where possible.
- Independent engineer with commercial iOS and Android development experience (show us what you’re proud of building)
- Modern, clean, documented code development approach
- Experience integrating with databases for dynamic content
- Ability to collaborate, with developers, product/design and management
- Mentoring and support of junior hires
- (Desirable) Mobile CI and unit testing processes
- (Desirable) Ability to lead and grow a team of developers
Our tech stack:
- Mobile - React Native, Firebase (Analytics, Cloud Messaging, Dynamic Links, Crashlytics, App Distribution), BitRise for CI/CD, Redux
- Backend - Python/Django with Django Rest Framework, PostgreSQL as db, Nginx, Python unittest, Redis, Celery
As a frontend developer, you will work with our squad of developers to build out the mobile product; and with product teams to define the development roadmap.
The role is hands-on initially, working alongside our developers to bring the product to market. There will be opportunity to lead and build a team of developers, subject to experience. As Lead Engineer you will be expected to coordinate development and product teams mentor and train the other mid-level developers, drive stand-ups, retros and best practice.
From the first hire to the last, from the most junior to the most senior it is important that everyone shares our core values:
Make it Happen: Punk’s always been a DIY culture and we’re all about getting things done. We’re after people who share this ethos, who roll up their sleeves and get stuck in and make amazing things happen.
Be a Champion, not a Challenger: We’re a champion of the people. We stand for the little guy, the overlooked, the ripped-off and abused. We’re here to make a difference to people's lives, not to challenge other companies.
Be Excellent to Each Other: This is us to the core. It means, do what's right for all parties involved, even if it’s hard to achieve.
Stand for Something: We’re the rebels with a cause. We’ve been ripped off by banks long enough. Now is the time to fight back, to unite, to create new services which are fairer, cheaper and easier to use.
Community First: This is at the heart of everything we do. We unite people and solve their problems as a collective allowing them to better understand their finances and get out of debt and invest their savings in other members so that everyone prospers.
If you think this sounds like your kind of place to work then we’d love to hear from you