Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. We are using technology and data science to build the world’s leading and most loved flower company. We’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s largest direct to consumer flower company, are growing at 100% year on year and are in a strong position financially (and have been extremely fortunate to see growth remain strong during the Covid-19 crisis).
In January 2021 we announced our £75 million Series D funding round round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), with participation from multiple other top tier investors including Index Ventures (who have also backed companies such as Transferwise and Glossier). We have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.Technology Team at Bloom & Wild
The overall Bloom & Wild team is now 150 people. You will join one of our core squads in our Technology team, each consisting of a small, close-knit team of developers, a product manager and a tester. Squads work closely with their Business counterpart team on solutions that accelerate growth both within and outside our UK core business.
You can read more about our technology and culture over on our tech blog - Code & Wild.
The role and ways of working
- Setting up laptops and MacBooks for new joiners
- Managing and maintaining the asset spreadsheet
- Managing access to our cloud-based systems
- Answering general IT queries
- You’ll play a part in ensuring that everyone at Bloom & Wild is able to perform their function
- You’ll work with a wide range of systems. Our environment contains Windows 10 laptops and Apple MacBooks and the majority of the tools that are used are based in the cloud
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with Google G Suite and work with our team of development engineers to ensure our systems are fully integrated
- The role will suit someone who is looking for their first role in IT in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- You will bring energy and positivity to the role, looking for every opportunity to learn and craft the role around our values: care, pride, customer first, innovation and delight
- Will have a strong customer first ethic
- You will have a good understanding of Windows 10 and MacOS
- You will be keen to learn and stay up-to-date with latest technologies, looking for ways we can improve the IT service we provide
Nice to have
- Knowledge of G Suite Administration
- Experience working in a fast-growing (preferably consumer-facing) startup
Currently our full team is working from home and adapting quickly to being totally remote. We pride ourselves in fulfilling our Work From Home Promise - here
In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Twice weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content
- Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions celebrated with the team
- Virtual Stand Up for weekly company updates, and Virtual Monthly Meeting to celebrate our successes and value nominations
- Remote lunch and learns
- Wellbeing support through online coaching sessions and employee assistance program, talking about challenges that we are facing in the current environment
- New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely
We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride in our day to day activities (find out more here) and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, with regular company-wide events.
Return to work and our new normal
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern during this period and our return to our beautiful, flower filled office will be gradual, considered and only when our team feels safe to do so.
Whilst recognising that some of our team will prefer to work in our office, this period has proven that our team can embrace remote work extremely successfully and our plan moving forward is to find ways of continuing to incorporate remote work into our ways of working.
In accordance to government guidelines:
- We do not plan to fully open the office back up until at least the 21st of June. The office will be open for people to use it as much or as little as they’d like.
- We will continue not to expect people to come in as a norm, but managers may ask team members to come in for specific reasons with plenty of notice (unless you are a fully remote team member)
- Bloom & Wild has no expectation that team members will need to come into the office 5 days per week again!
We're proud to hold an A-rated sponsor license, so we can assign certificates of sponsorship. This means we can support applications from anywhere as long as the job is deemed suitable under the points based system
When we’re in the office:
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, startup culture, with employee-friendly policies such as:
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-4)
- We offer flexible bank holidays so at any time you can make a bank holiday day-off trade and in its place take off another day that fits better with your beliefs, values and celebration calendar.
- Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Personal Development Budget
- Family Friendly Policy - including enhanced family friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lunch & Learns
- Discounted blooms
- Bloom & Go Wild trips - most recently we went to Paris
See more on what it’s like to work at Bloom & Wild here.
Our Recruitment Process
Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 the interview process will be conducted remotely. This will involve an interview with our Talent Partner, Office & Culture Manager Em, and our IT Manager Nicola.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team - so we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team