The Festicket Group family is a truly international team with 100+ people from over 20 different countries, all passionate about changing the face of live event experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with a remote workforce distributed across Leeds, Berlin, Amsterdam, Porto, Nantes and San Francisco.
Since 2012, we have provided a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. The platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In eight short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform.
Since our acquisition in 2019 of the multi-award winning cashless POS platform Event Genius and the associated Ticket Arena consumer website and brand, we are on track to become the most complete end-to-end live events platform for fans and organisers built to serve any event, any size.
We're now post Series-D funded, and backed by some of Europe's largest VC funds.
Festicket is looking for an experienced Commercial Director to join us and spearhead our commercial team’s primary ticketing efforts and other commercially driven partnerships within the Travel, Tourism & Events industry. You will support in the build out of our new primary ticketing program, and act as the main focal point for primary deals across the globe. You will be working closely with the CCO within the commercial department as well are other senior members of the Festicket Family.
As a lead role within the senior commercial team, you will be expected to generate and support new ticketing business across the UK and mainland Europe, ensuring that ancillary items are also up-sold within the partnerships. You will also be expected to support the ticket allocation side of the business with major promoters such as LIVE NATION and AEG. The successful candidate will have a proven new business sales track record backed up by achievements against ambitious targets.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of Festicket’s primary ticketing strategy across Europe reporting directly to Festicket’s CCO and CEO.
- Day to day management of of the commercial team (currently direct reports of 9 Business Developers), includes performance reviews, 1:1 and team check ins.
- Maintain an active pipeline of new business opportunities via the work of the BD
- Distribution of all incoming leads across the commercial dept
- Demonstrate product knowledge to allow for effective presentation of company technology and services.
- Establish, maintain and grow a database of qualified leads through referrals, face-to-face meetings, email, and networking.
- Represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations and networking events, as well as undertaking business development/client entertaining where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities.
- Liaise with Legal and Finance teams to ensure contracts are issued and completed in a timely manner.
- Work across all domestic and European departments to ensure smooth operation of client business.
- Regional and international travel as required to meet business needs and commitments.
- Providing feedback to senior management regarding the market intelligence and major opportunities
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve company growth targets
- Maintain and renew existing client business/relationships developing key client relationships
- Sales forecasting/pipeline accuracy
- Lead client bids of note across the UK, supporting more junior members of staff where required
- Deliver regular reporting and presentations to the FT Senior Leadership team on the business performance across all areas of responsibility.
- Lead on the development and own key strategic relationships across a range of decision makers, influencers and gate keepers within the Live Music Industry who can help advance our business efficacy to cross sell, up-sell such products and services as specialist/group sales, paperless tickets, travel, Glamping, Hotel and merchandise.
The right candidate will:
- Have strong communication skills
- Be a target driven ambitious individual
- Be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Be passionate about the live entertainment business
- Have the ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Minimum of 3 years experience within a senior Commercial / Sales role. (Senior level minimum, Head or Group Manager preferred)
- Experience within the Live Music Ticketing industry is essential and a strong reputation is expected .
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills in all internal and external relations
- Ability to establish and grow trusted relationships
- Project and program management experience
- Ability to put together high-level proposals and briefs with a proven track record in successfully answering major ticketing tenders.
- Proven success in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Track record of exceeding ambitious targets
- Demonstrate tenacity and dedication to achieving goals
- Ability to work well under pressure
We’re a team of 100, with our HQ located in the amazing heart of Camden. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest-growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow.
Benefits & Perks also include:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- 15 sick days per annum
- Flexible working from home policy
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Time and budget towards your ongoing professional development and certifications
- Flexible working arrangements post-Covid
- Flexible salary via Wagestream