Finematter is a fashion-tech start-up, on a mission to digitalize the EUR 300bn+ jewellery market, one of the last remaining analog industries in the global retail landscape.
As a marketplace, our ambition is twofold;
- Create the leading online destination for fine jewellery. We want to redefine the category as we know it, and transform the way people think about and buy jewellery - taking jewellery from consumption good to investment asset
- Help creative entrepreneurs in the jewellery industry scale beyond one store. We want to build the new operating system for the entire industry, and solve the most complex challenges for maker-CEOs, from certification and inventory management to pricing and raw material purchasing.
The scale of the opportunity is enormous. People have bought and traded in jewellery since the beginning of time, and in most cultures, people’s most significant life events are celebrated and eternalized with jewellery. The global jewellery market is valued at more than EUR 300bn, and we’re building a modular end-to-end technology platform to connect makers with buyers all across the globe and change the way this market operates today.
With offices in London and Copenhagen, Finematter has its roots in Scandinavian design with a global outlook. We’re currently a team of 10 experienced people with backgrounds in the jewellery and fashion industry, as well as successful startups and companies (Pandora, McKinsey, Threadsstyling, Peakon, etc).
Finematter raised a EUR 1.7mn seed-round in August 2020, and is backed by some of Europe’s leading VC funds and investors, including Heartcore Capital and Henrik Holmark (former CFO of Pandora).
Finematter.com is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to lay the foundation for and build our frontend systems that will be critical for the business and for realising our goal of becoming the leading online destination for jewellery.
We are looking for a seasoned engineer who has broad experience in frontend technologies and how they can be effectively and efficiently applied to building frontend applications from the ground up. We expect you to have a clear vision for the full frontend stack from UI frameworks and CSS over tooling and testing to deployment and maintenance.
You should have a clear eye for details and for creating a best-in-class user experience for not only our customers but also our suppliers and internal stakeholders. You must be able to work closely with UI/UX designers to find the best solutions and be able to bring the ideas to life.
You will join as one of the first employees in the tech organization, and you will therefore have the opportunity to, but also be expected to, have a deep influence on the direction of the tech team and the wider business. You will also be expected to be able to work effectively individually with limited oversight and guidance.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Design and build our frontend platforms including the e-commerce platform, supplier platform and internal tools.
- Support in testing, maintaining and running the staging and production systems to ensure high performance and availability.
- Work with the CTO and the rest of the engineering team to set the overall technical direction for Finematter.
- Collaborate with product owners and designers to define and design the features of the platform.
- Help define and shape the product development process at Finematter
- Attract and support in hiring future engineers to join the company.
Our tech stack (so far):
- React, Sass and Gatsby are used in our e-commerce shop.
- Backend in NestJS using TypeORM and GraphQL.
- Hosted on Heroku using Cloudflare.