Machine Learning Engineer Intern
At Circuit Mind we are completely automating the design of electronic circuit boards.
Electronic circuit boards are at the core of current and future inventions, from augmented reality to autonomous vehicles. Yet today, designing an electronic circuit board is an extremely manual, long and inefficient process. At Circuit Mind we are on a mission to solve this problem, shaping the future of hardware technology.
We are building a novel software system that takes in high-level requirements and creates optimized circuit board designs in seconds. We are tackling hard problems that no one has ever solved before, pushing beyond what is currently thought to be possible.
Several small and large engineering companies are waiting for Circuit Mind’s technology. We have the backing of world-class VC investors and we are building a tight-knit interdisciplinary team with outstanding technical abilities in electronic engineering, software engineering and algorithm design.
We are looking for humble perpetual learners who are driven and able to think critically to play a major role in shaping Circuit Mind from the beginning.
Position: Machine Learning Engineer Intern
As a Machine Learning Engineer Intern at Circuit Mind, you’ll take ownership of a machine learning project centered around deep learning and NLP in a supportive, inclusive, cross-functional team of experts. You will work independently, with the help of our team, on a project involving real-life textual data and using deep learning in a production environment.
- Problem definition: You will apply NLP techinques to solve various tasks on electronics related literature.
- Research: You will look into well-established and state of the art techniques that can be applied to solve the problem.
- Development: You will develop a model to be to be deployed in our production environment and a data preparation pipeline to be used in further related projects.
Some NLP problems you will be working on:
- Pre-training models on subject specific literature.
- Fine-tuning these models for tasks such as phrase normalization and embedding.
- Experience with 2-3 of the following: data structures, machine learning techniques, deep learning, natural language processing.
- Working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, applied maths, electrical engineering or related fields.
- Ability to write, understand and debug clean, maintainable software code.
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with electronic engineering.
- Experience developing and deploying production ready software.
- Working knowledge of deep learning models used in Natural Language Processing such as Transformers and Recurrent Neural Networks.
- Technical challenges that the world has not solved before and the chance to shape first-hand the electronics revolution.
- Collaboration with friendly world-class team.
- Flexible working environment.
At Circuit Mind we value diversity and foster an inclusive environment. If you have an additional necessity or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know so we can adjust the interview process to your needs. We also ensure that Circuit Mind’s straight-forward and efficient hiring process honours your time.