Job Title: Financial Controller
Reporting to: CEO
Location: London Bridge – Currently working from home and willing to accept remote working candidates.
Salary: £35-45k pro rata DOE + great perks such as private medical insurance, subsidised gym memberships, free breakfasts and many more.
Smarter is looking for a Financial Controller to support in the day to day running of the finance department on a part-time or full-time basis.
If you are a talented and innovative Financial Controller looking for a role in a rapidly expanding technology company, we can offer you the challenge you are looking for. The Financial Controller will support in the day to day running of the finance department alongside the Finance Director.
Proven Finance Controller/ Management Accounting experience is essential for this role.
We are a small team of highly motivated, ambitious minds, working on something big! We are driven to build new technology that empowers future generations to live Smarter. We are British, Award Winning Connected Home company with a product range that connects kitchen appliances to the internet. We design, build and distribute our product range throughout Europe and the US with high profile partners such as Electrolux, Currys, John Lewis and Best Buy. Growing at a rapid rate, we are set to become one of the fastest growing UK connected IOT companies. This all forms part of our bigger picture to build a platform that changes the way we shop and consume food.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Reconciling multiple accounts.
- Assisting in preparing of annual forecast and budgets.
- Managing and maintaining weekly cash flow reports, forecasting spreadsheets and other management reports.
- Preparing VAT returns, EC sales, corporation tax returns and assisting on payroll related matters within the statutory deadlines.
- Preparing annual statutory accounts and annual tax returns.
- Assisting with R&D tax claims.
- Dealing with foreign exchange transactions.
- Adhering to the company’s financial policies and procedures.
- Processing, issuing and following up on invoices and PO’s.
- Reconciling sales channels including Shopify and Amazon.
- Processing staff expenses.
- Reviewing and auditing financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct.
- Managing purchasing and sales ledgers.
- Suggesting changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Assisting in commercial contracts review and renewals.
- Acting as a point of contact for external stakeholders such as bankers, auditors and HMRC.
- Other ad hoc tasks required by company directors.
The following skills/experiences are considered a must in-order to be considered for employment:
- Part qualified or newly qualified AAT/ACCA/CIMA or QBE.
- Xero experience is essential.
- Experience in startups is desirable.
- Experience working with companies with a turnover greater than £5M.
- Must have a high attention to detail, be organised and proactive.
- Experience with multiple customer accounts in multiple currencies.
- Experience with multiple suppliers across a number of product lines.
- Experience with physical stock shipments and the logistical processes behind them.
- Experience with dealing with Amazon Seller and Vendor accounts is desirable.
- Debt recovery experience.
- Must have excellent Excel skills.
- Ambitious with passion and a ton of energy.
- Enjoys a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- A passion or interest for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape.
- Ability to multi-task with good time management skills.
- Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent negotiation skills.
Due to the number of applications we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.