About Zero 1
We are a venture builder that partners with leading corporations to create, validate and build companies that solve the world’s biggest challenges.
We create entirely new businesses from scratch and turn promising concepts into prototypes, and ultimately build out full-fledged businesses that can spin out of our studio.
Attain is one of our latest businesses we are developing and we are looking for an Entrepreneur in Residence to steward the venture through its next phase of development as it leaves the studio and we launch a commercial pilot.
So what is Attain
Attain is an Edtech platform that is disrupting the financial learning space. The profile of the financial workforce is radically changing. Market drivers across technology, regulation and society are redefining the skills needed in financial institutions. But professional development in the banking sector is stuck in the dark ages.
We’re building a platform to tackle this market massive opportunity and our mission is to upskill and reskill all Banking Professionals globally. We are focused on the future skills that will define the Banking sector from Sustainable Finance to Digital Banking.
We are partnering with leading academic institutions to offer best in class content and are developing a platform to deliver a rich learning led experience. This will all be supported by advanced analytics to maximise business outcomes for our customers.
We are at a very exciting stage of development and are preparing to launch a commercial pilot with our first customers later this year. The venture is backed by a US publicly listed company from the learning sector and we are working directly with the CEO & Chairman.
In this role you will:
- Execute the successful build and launch of Attain
- Oversee all business functions across product, sales, content, partnerships and operations
- Identify risks and opportunities, and modify road maps and executional plans based on learnings
- Report monthly to board and Z1 management team
- Work closely with your sales team to ensure all leads are being nurtured
- Work with new content partner to close commercial contracts
- Support the CTO and product team to execute on the MVP road map and feed in new requirements
- Lead hiring efforts across the venture
You must have:
- Early stage business experience
- Experience in a leadership capacity and building teams
- A proven track record of taking ideas and bringing them to life, and managing large programs of work across multiple business functions
- Strong sales & customer relationship management skills - you’ll be overseeing all growth activities and driving sales
- Strong communication skills - you'll be sharing the results of analyses, and discussing technical problems, with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong negotiation skills - you will be responsible for striking deals with suppliers for bulk discounted inventory
- Thrive in uncertainty - ideally in an agency business and/or startup environment
We would like to see:
- Direct experience leading a business from the ground up to Series A+
- Sector experience is a bonus in either finance or learning
- Direct experience of building MVP products