Wazoku is a leading enterprise software company providing an innovative idea management platform to some of the biggest companies in the UK and globally. Through our market-leading platform, Idea Spotlight, we are seeking to be our customer’s Global Home for ideas to help them innovate for today and tomorrow.
We are headquartered in the UK and have development teams in London, Bristol, and Spain. We are currently looking for a web developer to join our friendly and diverse team.
You will be working as part of a full-stack team with other front-end and back-end web developers. Your primary responsibility will be to build creative web solutions using AngularJS/Angular and Django for our SaaS platform in-line with our rolling product roadmap.
- Work with developers to build and maintain our software
- Maintain unit and integration tests for our software
- Produce clean, efficient code
- Work with product managers and QA to satisfy customer demands
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Debug issues, work with quality assurance staff to resolve issues
- 1+ years’ experience in building full-stack web applications
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals including security & performance
- Solid understand of unit testing best practices for front-end and back-end web development
- Proficient in using Git version control
- Great communication skills; great English writing and speaking skills
- Comfortable working with a geographically distributed team
- A passion and drive to pursue new technologies and learn more
Please note: We are unable to offer UK working visa sponsorship or support relocation for this role so you must have the right to work in the UK.
- Experience with Django, especially with Django REST framework
- Experience working with TypeScript
- Strong working experience with Angular or AngularJS, especially ngUpgrade
- PostresSQL experience, especially relating to query optimisation
- Experience with static analysis tools for Python, especially type checking
- Some experience with Selenium tests
- Experience with Unix command lines, Bash scripting, etc
- Flexible leave policy that recognises that employees are best able to determine when and how often they need to take time off to recharge their batteries, while still meeting their performance objectives
- Company off-sites, summer & Christmas parties, charity engagement, Friday office drinks and more
- Company-wide Kuathons (hackathons) that allow everyone to step out of their day job and engage in cross-functional projects of interest to the individual and organisation
- Daily breakfast and office snacks
- Company Pension scheme
- Mental Health Services
- Birthday day off