We are looking for a test lead to join our startup. We offer a four day week, unparalleled healthcare, fully remote working and a business that has designed itself from inception around staff wellbeing and flexibility. As we continue to grow, we are hiring permanent staff to replace contractors. The test lead will work with both manual and automation tests and uses a full Microsoft stack. You will initially work on a large projects that is greenfield re-engineering 15 years of legacy for a large multi-national. Your days will not be filled with meetings and you will be given everything you need to do your job.
This role is fully remote but only open to those who are living in the United Kingdom and with a right to work in the United Kingdom.
You will lead a small test team that will be expanding over the next year. Your initial focus will be to test Windows desktop applications. You will be expected to write and execute both manual and automated tests as well as to further refine the test processes of the team.
This role will not require direct line management of staff – so you won’t be booking people’s holiday and managing their reviews or sick pay, but you will be expected to mentor more junior members of the team and to help them grow.
The project is for a greenfield rewrite of a large IT system that powers the software used by a multi-national company in their diamond engraving labs.
Your role will entail:
- Writing and executing manual and automated test cases against Windows desktop applications
- Defining strategy, best practices, and processes for testing within the team
- Ensure a consistent quality from the rest of the test team
- Mentoring more junior testers within the team
- Working closely with developers
- C# .Net Core
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Azure Dev Ops
- Used to working in a strongly agile environment
- Experienced with continuous integration
- Penetration and performance testing
We are a software development company that puts the wellbeing of our staff above anything else. We believe that a team work better with less hours and more support than they do burning the midnight oil. We’re here to deliver software to our clients and the way to do that is providing the right environment for our staff. You won’t find slides in the office or free lunches but we try and provide things that really matter.
- From July 2021 we will be working four-day weeks – that’s not compressed hours, just four days a week
- We’re fully flexible when it comes to the hours you work within those four days so long as you can work alongside the rest of the team
- We are a fully remote business – we think commuting is a killer and never want any of our staff to have to do that. Even when the world returns to normal you will be working from home in a way that supports your life and your family
- We believe that empowered teams deliver better results – you will not be stuck in meetings for hours on end, you won’t have to wait for a HR department to sign off holiday or deal with red tape – you just need to do the job that you love doing
We deliver bespoke software to a large multi-national client in the diamond and mining sector. The software we create is large, complex, mission-critical and supports thousands of staff every day. What we do matters and makes a difference.
We’re a small start-up that has seen significant growth in the last year. Our revenue doubled in the last year and is set to double again over the next year. You will be joining as the first permanent hire in our test team – replacing a contract test lead. The team you’ll be working in is currently made of six members and will continue to grow over the next year. You’ll be joined by another permanent tester.
- Four day working week (from second half of 2021)
- Flexible working
- Remote working
- Home office budget
- Top of the range computer equipment
- Your birthday off as an extra day of annual leave
- Pension – we contribute 5% minimum and match your contributions up to 10% (for a total of 20% contribution)
- Private healthcare and dental for you and your family
- Learning and development budget tailored to your need