💡 About us
Sideways 6 exists to change the world for the better by bringing ideas to life. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere and that giving employees a voice is the secret to business success.
Over 4 million employees from the likes of Sainsbury's, British Airways and Nestlé trust the Sideways 6 approach and we’re on a mission give 50 million people a voice. In 2021, Sideways 6 was named one of the Top 100 Mission-Led Organisations to Work For (read more here) thanks to our people.
We’re really proud of our 5-star reviews on Glassdoor and it’s a testament to the way we treat our employees. They are given lots of responsibility, lots of room to grow and develop and the chance to be part of something pretty special. The ‘Idea Beer’ probably helps too…
💪 The Role
The perfect candidate will own all things finance, data and planning/budgeting. They won't be put off by wearing many hats, be that setting up the company wide strategic OKRs or getting us fundraising ready. You'll be reporting directly into the CEO as part of the leadership team and will balance strategic initiatives with delivery of all things financial operations - this is not a standard finance role.
We’re solving a massive problem – companies need a way to give their employees a voice and find their best ideas. Given the position and trajectory we’re on, the CFO position is a crucial one that will help write the story of what could be one of the London startup scene's key success stories over the coming years.
Join us for the ride.
Experience and competencies
- Experience and knowledge of enterprise SaaS. Has previously run or been part of a small team running finance at a growing SaaS startup
- Experience in raising and owning finance for a growing startup
- A player, coach and leader - at least initially. Ready to build and execute our finance strategy
- Life-long learner
- Data expert and an accounting and finance specialist. Qualified (ACA or CIMA/ACCA equivalent)
- Intimately familiar with Xero
- Ability to effectively scale a growing business
- A flawless track record regarding ethics and compliance.
- Insatiable curiosity – you know every nook and cranny of our financial landscape, can anticipate potential problems/opportunities and most importantly, have a plan to mitigate/maximise them.
What’s on Offer
- An awesome, open and vibrant start-up environment (currently remote, with a new office planned for Q2 2021)
- Flexible working hours
- Generous educational budget to use at your discretion
- Choose your own equipment
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive base salary and career progression plan
- Regular social company gatherings
- An annual summer party in the sun
- A stake in a high-growth business