Are you looking to join a talented, diverse team, focused on a life-changing mission, at one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech startups? If yes, then you are in the right place.
We’ve recently been ranked number five in Startups100, named as one of the Top 50 Startups to work for in 2020, and the ninth fastest-growing tech companies in the UK by The Sunday Times.
At Elder, our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We are a team on a mission to fundamentally change what it means to grow old.
It matters that you’re unique. It matters that you’re great at what you do. And, obviously, it matters how much you care about what we do.
About the role
As PR Manager, you will be creating a vital role in our marketing team by positioning us at the forefront of the news agenda.
You will be developing relationships with stakeholders at key news titles, gathering first-party data to generate news stories that get traction, and getting a constant stream of case studies that showcase live-in care as an affordable and attainable way of providing care for when people need a little more support.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Developing and executing a PR strategy that ensures that Elder is seen as a thought-leader in the elderly care space
- Writing press releases and - where appropriate - writing speeches for senior management for public appearances
- Utilising first-party data to create stories and generate column inches that leads the news agenda
- Working with the wider marketing team and any external agency partners - particularly Social Media and Content Marketing - to help ensure all our marketing activities are reacting to the news agenda and public conversation
- Developing case studies from our customer, carer, and partners’ experiences with Elder that can be shared with the press, with social media channels, and on our website
- Fielding inbound media enquiries, ensuring that news partners have all the information, data, and quotes to produce positive stories about Elder
- Working with senior management on emergency communications to negative publicity
- Monitor and report on coverage on a monthly basis
- Proven track record of developing and utilising journalist relationships from the health, tech and/or care verticals as well as at major media outlets with ample evidence of success
- Experience utilising first-party data to create news stories
- Experienced in writing and executing PR plans and PR strategy
- Experience in working with the public to create case studies - preferably in a healthcare or emotive industry
- Knowledge of and experience using social listening tools and building plans off the back of it
- Adept at working in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and extremely fast-paced environment
- A confident communicator, able to inspire those around you
- An excellent relationship builder at all levels
We’re a service business and we know that without the best people, we cannot build the best company which is why we treat our team very well. We can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options (We are post-series B and are backed by some of the best VCs in Europe)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Plenty of socials and team lunches
- Amazing office in the heart of the tech scene in Old Street
- Macbook + any particular extras you require
- AND a genuine opportunity to be a very key part of a high growth business.
Do something you genuinely care about. Join a diverse team of skilled, passionate and progressive people who like to get on with each other. Work at one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups. Apply today.