This is an office-based role, and as such will require you to be based in the office 5 days a week from your first day.
Founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, Garrison has raised more than $50m to date from London investors including Dawn Capital, IP Group, NM Capital and BGF. Garrison’s strengths lie in its experienced and dedicated teams, building on years of expertise in cyber security to bring genuinely game changing technology to the industry.
Garrison is working to build the future of cyber security and is already deploying at scale in both the government and commercial space. Our existing customers are large organisations averaging over 50,000 employees each, across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.
Our working culture
We are an exciting start-up with ground-breaking technology; a very serious mission to solve real world problems, but with a positive and highly inclusive atmosphere, and an excellent work/life balance!
At Garrison we celebrate diversity and inclusion, and we’re focused on continuously improving equality for the benefit of our employees, products and community. We recruit, develop and retain talent purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take every possible step to ensure that every person employed or seeking employment with us receives fair treatment. No-one shall be disadvantaged on the grounds of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, neurodiversity, social background, physical ability, illness or otherwise.
Our employee benefits package is as follows:
- Flexible working hours and regular working from home
- 25 days holiday allowance per year (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days)
- Company pension scheme of 8% base salary (depending on employee minimum contribution)
- Personal annual training budget of £1,000 plus five study days out the office
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share option scheme
- Perkbox discounts and freebies – free coffee, free cinema tickets, and lots more
- Bike to work scheme and an interest-free season ticket loans
- Regular socials – games nights, open air cinema, quiz nights and company picnic are all recent!
- And free fruit, tea and coffee in our offices!
Overview of the role
As Office Administrator, your role will be to act as part of our Operations team to ensure that our central London office runs efficiently. You will represent Garrison as our main front-of-house staff member, as well as carry out various duties behind the scenes to support the general operations of the office.
You will join a knowledgeable, passionate and motivated team who are looking to drive our products forwards and develop our use of technology to solve some of the most challenging security products around today. You will be immersed in a challenging, supportive and fast-moving working environment with the opportunity to learn, develop new skills and set out on a range of career paths.
- Receptionist duties: answering phones, retrieving mail and packages, organising meetings (including catering) for senior staff, greeting guests, making tea & coffee, ensuring that meeting rooms are kept tidy.
- Administrative duties: scanning, filing, maintaining registers, ensuring that office equipment (toner, paper, stationery, etc.) and refreshments (tea, coffee, milk, etc.) are kept stocked.
- Facilities duties: liaising with cleaning staff, landlords, and handymen to make sure that the office is kept clean, safe, and in good repair.
Required skills and experience
- Relevant professional experience
- Strong communication skills, including good written English
- Confident using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Friendly, confident telephone manner
- Well organised self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Able to multi-task & prioritise well
- Happy to learn new skills and ask for help
- Polished, friendly, and able to work independently or as part of a team