Breaking The Law
LawAdvisor was founded in 2015 in Melbourne, Australia with a fearless and ambitious belief: that everybody should have access to justice.
We hypothesised that the high costs, inefficiencies, and difficulties of obtaining legal help could be overcome simply by providing greater access to legal information, and by providing everybody with real-time access to high-quality, affordable lawyers online.
Our mission has since been supported by thousands of lawyers and has allowed us to expand and set up offices across the globe. We've also attracted high profile investors and partners who have shared our mission to transform legal service delivery.
We're still not satisfied. The potential exists to completely revolutionise the practice of law. The start of this decade has delivered LawAdvisor with a new mandate: to overhaul and transform how lawyers work, and how people interact with and consume legal services, with state of the art legal practise management technology to (i) increase efficiencies; (ii) automate routine processes; (iii) increase transparency; (iv) bring the legal practice to the 21st century.
The People’s Champion
In the golden triangle of people, process and technology, we understand that people come first. We’re looking for LawAdvisor’s people champion who understands - and is not afraid to implement - best practices when it comes to developing our people both personally and professionally, in order to empower them with the necessary foundations to succeed in their chosen career.
You’ll work to bridge the gap between our departmental and company objectives while ensuring that we don’t stray from our ability to continue to challenge, nurture, and guide our people. You understand technology companies and all the actors within it: you lay the foundations for career progression and motivate each employee to strive for excellence. You will own and help scale several key processes in our employee lifecycle and ensure that for LawAdvisor, its people always come first. Armed with such commanding attributes, you will also be an effective talent manager.
Additionally, we’ll look to you for new ideas and opportunities for us to explore and knowledge-share, and a careful eye to find and rectify pitfalls when reviewing our work. As a leader within the Operations team, you will capture and guide us into a working experience that makes our team feel cared for and well-equipped to create visionary work no matter where they are.
- Become our team’s professor when it comes to labour laws, employees/ops related insurances, and payroll questions internal or external.
- Develop our employees personally and professionally.
- Be our headhunter.
- Practice what you preach: be the gatekeeper of our values, we demonstrate them through our actions and help set the standards for the rest of our team.
- Manage our People Operations team to keep moving us towards a first-class employee experience through supporting and innovating upon our initiatives and projects while also bringing your own ideas to the table.
- Be our mediator: you will be the liaison between all departments to achieve a cohesive end result, assisting them with the change to have a smoother transition of operations.
- Teach while you learn: you’ll continuously be presented with opportunities to build upon your current toolbelt and knowledge while also helping our team upskill.
- Use a magnifying glass: your strong attention to detail and creativity work together when you review our ideas and writing while also providing your own thoughts, feedback, and comments.
- Spot inefficiencies: you’ll identify and iron out any possible inefficiencies and redundancies that exist within our current work and processes. You’ll also analyse and present the findings from reports to let us know about trends within our data and identified areas for improvement.
- Lend a helping hand when we organize and plan any team events whether they are for fun such as our Virtual Drinks or if it’s growth-focused such as our Lunch & Learn.
You Should Have…
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Operations, Business Administration or Accounting degree.
- 3+ years of experience in operations, a generalist HR role, or other People Operation role.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills: you’ll need to be proficient in multiple forms of communication to work at your best, communicate with the team, and pitch your own ideas.
- Knowledge and experience in HR’s core functions such as on/offboarding, compensation & benefits, taxes, and the development and scaling of the employee lifecycle while adhering to risk management and legal requirements.
- A proactive mindset: you can work with little to no guidance and aren’t afraid to take the initiative to always look for ways to optimise our day-to-day work.
- An open, growth-focused mindset: whether it’s a self-reflection or feedback from others, you analyse your mistakes and use it as a driving force to improve yourself for the next situation or problem you find yourself in.
- The ability to wear multiple hats: strong time management skills and a wide skill set allows you to switch gears quickly as you tackle various tasks and projects.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills: you will face a variety of situations and challenges so you need to be able to craft solutions and analytically think as the situation demands.
- The ability to build domain and industry knowledge quickly.
- Experience using Airtable, Zapier, Slack, Coda.
- Previous experience in a startup environment.
- Experience working with a remote team.
- Experience working in the legal services industry.
- A highly-skilled, driven and dedicated team.
- Remote work opportunities: our team is distributed across the globe and we enjoy the flexibility of working remotely when possible.
- Continuous learning and development: whether by way of conferences, online courses, or further study, we’re here to support your personal and professional growth.
- Company retreats: While Zoom and Slack is our operating system, our company retreats allow us to create long-lasting bonds with each other and to feel human.
- A direct line with our key users, and influential high-level stakeholders (investors, advisors, and other relevant members) to use as and when needed.
- 🏆 Win and grow together: strive to become the best in your field and always seek growth opportunities. You are not afraid of challenges or afraid to fail because you have a growth mindset.
- 👊 Nothing is too small: you’re never too big to do the smallest things.
- 💎 Pressure makes diamonds: as a team, we train to win. You are not scared of pressure and embrace challenges and never lose your resolve.
- 📈 Continuous improvement: as a leader in the legal technology space, we will continue pushing through the boundaries to create breakthrough legal products.
- 🤝 Teamwork makes the dream work: we don’t concern ourselves with office politics. There are plenty of opportunities to earn, learn, grow and succeed together.
- 🌐 No Oompa Loompas: although we're united with a strong vision and working towards shared goals, we encourage you to be yourself. Our team is diverse, and that is how we are able to continue to think outside the box and come up with the most creative solutions to entrenched problems.