Do you want to help people achieve their dream career? Are you passionate about artificial intelligence and data science? We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious Community & Engagement Executive to take on community, acquisition and digital marketing responsibilities at Datalyst Academy, by Nitrous: https//nitrous.city.
Who we are
Nitrous is an impact innovation organisation which works with cities to build co-created propositions to address civic challenges. We run the Datalyst Academy, a cutting-edge online academy which trains applicants in core data science principles and programming languages (like Python and R). Our mission is to improve data literacy and help anyone start a career in data science. Our cutting edge curriculum combines the best methods from different modes of learning, in order to provide both breadth and depth and enable students to apply their skills to real-world datasets.
Who you are
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated community and marketing expert to help us achieve our vision of transforming careers and lives, through our cutting edge program. You’ll have experience in several marketing disciplines and will be keen to try new approaches to get our messages out to our target audiences. You'll love words, design and analytics and you’ll have prior experience working in education and/or bootcamps.
- Design and execute creative strategies to market Datalyst Academy
- Build and grow a candidate acquisition strategy, working on outreach and engagement campaigns to build relationships
- Grow and manage our student community through events, social media and other community initiatives
- Manage day-to-day communications with current and prospective students
- Develop community and corporate partnerships to drive awareness and engagement
- Maintain a marketing and content calendar, creating engaging content across our social media and digital channels
- Develop, implement and track digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels, including website, CRM, email and social media accounts
- Be our site guardian, owning site performance and implement the digital strategy across SEO, PPC, keywords, adwords, Google Tag Manager, etc
- Review analytics from marketing channels and products, and using these insights to improve marketing activities
For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- At least 1-3 years experience in community and/or marketing roles
- Previous experience in education and/or bootcamps
- Previous experience in a tech startup would be beneficial
- Experience in customer acquisition
- Experience of copywriting for different audiences
- Experience of building and growing an audience, improving engagement metrics
Qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- You’re passionate about inclusive education and the power of data
- Excellent interpersonal skills – confident, professional, engaging
- Self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure timescales and deadlines are met
- Data-driven, motivated by continually learning from and improving metrics
Why you should apply:
Data science and artificial intelligence are changing the way we live and do business. We started Datalyst because we believe that data science can be a force for good, and we want to help as many people as we can to become proficient in data science and pursue their dream career.
This role will help improve your skills in many different areas:
- You will become more familiar with data science and AI.
- You will learn how to create campaigns to promote a startup from scratch.
- You will learn how to build communities.
- You get to become part of a dynamic team that is constantly growing.
- Power Hour - one hour a week dedicated to personal learning and development (languages, technical skills, something else - your choice)
- Access to courses and books, purchased from within a generous dedicated personal development budget
- Flexible working hours and location