Ambitious, promising social enterprise tech startup seeks CFO, passionate about social change. After 4 years of research and prototyping, we’ve finally released our MVP and are seeing it deliver results. We’re now eager to take on an experienced CFO and get investor-ready.
As people increasingly tire of old fashioned charity fundraising - cold calling, door knocking, junk mail and street fundraisers - The 10 million nonprofits around the world are hunting for new and more effective ways to fundraise for their vital work.
Meanwhile, people want to meet their neighbours, and volunteer for meaningful causes, but the opportunities they find don’t always match their skillset, their location or availability.
Gigfunding pioneers the gig economy for good.
It’s an online marketplace where you can find any local skill or service you need. Everyone on Gigfunding volunteers the skills they have, in the place they live, at a time that works.
When they turn up at your door to help you, the money you pay goes equally to the causes you both choose.
It’s a scalable and sustainable funding stream for the planet before profit org. It increases community trust and resilience, encouraging participation in social change.
- Be part of the founding story of this system change social enterprise
- We’re well versed in self-management and decentralisation; Venture beyond hierarchy with us
- Multiply the impact of NGOs, community projects and social enterprises around the world
- Shape the vision with us and have equal input on our strategy, tactics, culture and practices
- You’re a system thinker; experienced in and passionate about social change
- You have rich and diverse expertise in entrepreneurship, investment and strategy
- You’re on a path of self-development; recognising we can only create something as enlightened as we are, in terms of seeing the most meaningful needs, and meeting them effectively
- You increase our team’s collective diversity; in expertise, cultural insight and personal background
- You have experience in collaborating with charities/nonprofits
- You have a rich professional network, especially in the social entrepreneurship sector
- You’ve raised over £50,000 for a startup (ideally a social enterprise)
- Plan and execute the company’s financial strategy, including forecasts
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures
- Ensure full transparency over the company’s financial performance
- Provide advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
- We are currently a team of 25 volunteers
- We’re a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee
- We’ve launched our MVP.