We're partnering with Ably to hire their first Talent Partner.
Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure and technology that will power and shape the future of a digital world where realtime interactions underpin our personal and professional daily lives. Chatting on WhatsApp, hailing an Uber, asking Alexa what the weather will be like tomorrow, collaborating in the same Google Doc: all of these things rely on complex, behind-the-scenes realtime infrastructure. That’s what Ably provides for companies like HubSpot, Toyota Racing Development, OfferUp, and Hopin.
We’re looking for a Lead Talent Acquisition Partner to hire a wide variety of roles across Product and Engineering. You'll partner closely with the leaders of our technical teams to understand their priorities, help them design and execute successful hiring processes and bring in a diverse set of candidates to Ably. You'll have responsibility for the entire candidate lifecycle including sourcing, interviewing and closing, as well as giving insight and recommendations to hiring managers along the way. Always caring about our employer brand and giving candidates the best possible experience.
This is the first role of its kind at Ably, so it’s a great opportunity to come in and make the function your own. You’ll not only lead the way in getting us set up for scale, but you’ll set the standard for hiring in the right way.
Day to day, you will:
- Partner with hiring managers and stakeholders to build effective sourcing and closing strategies.
- Manage complex projects, breaking them down into smaller pieces to deliver results.
- Put candidate experience at the forefront of everything you do, always thinking of ways to improve.
- Work in a fast-paced hyper growth environment with a growing team.
- Grow and lead your own talent acquisition team.
You will have:
- Extensive experience of recruiting within technical and engineering, with a network to back it up.
- Experience working within a start-up, in an in-house recruitment position.
- Experience of working with various ATS's, internet search tools, web Boolean searching and sourcing tools.
- Awesome prioritisation skills, balancing your workload effectively and making sure you deliver across a range of roles.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience using data to drive decisions and can put together business cases based around data.
- Great relationship building skills and the ability to build relationships with hiring managers across Ably and the candidates in process.
- Team leadership experience and skills.
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team.
To provide the infrastructure required for the next generation of the internet, to tell the world about it, and to support everyone inside Ably to do so, we hire people who are ready and capable of taking on challenging problems in a high-growth environment.
- A good, competitive salary + share options.
- A great company culture. We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well.
- The chance to learn and grow with a fast-moving company, supported by a learning budget that gives you access to professional training, events, conferences, workshops etc.
- Remote first: Unless you want to pop into our communal office space in Shoreditch, London, you'll work from home most of the time, apart from when we have planning sessions and summits.
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on.
- Home workstation set up.
- Dog friendly office for when you’re in the office!
- Regular company away days and social events.
- Friday need-to-know drinks and snacks.
- Health insurance, including Doctor@Hand.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- ClassPass membership.
- Cycle to work scheme access.
- Company contributions towards your pension.
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays).
If you enjoy working as part of a technology company, value open source, and love solving hard problems - then we’d love to hear from you, regardless of whether you fit the spec exactly or not.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion.