Join the tonies® family
We are tonies® - the award-winning audio system for kids. We are on a mission to bring the magic of stories to children, without a screen in sight. We have created a safe and playful way for children to experience stories, music and educational content that is loved by parents and children alike. So far we have sold more than 2 million Tonieboxes and 20 million Tonie figurines worldwide - and this is just the beginning of our journey.
We're fortunate to have all the benefits of a start-up - think fast-paced dynamic work culture, lots of autonomy and growth - along with the resources and stability that comes with being part of an established PE-backed global business. With triple-digit growth rates, we are expanding fast and looking for exceptional talent to join our amazing team in London.
We need you!
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Finance Manager to join our team in London. You'll be responsible for bringing all finance tasks in-house and will manage the entire UK finance function, including accounting, treasury, VAT & taxes, payroll and other ad-hoc tasks.
- Own the financial control and accounting elements of the finance function, ensuring the company has timely, reliable and accurate information and reporting.
- Build effective, efficient & scalable processes - driving automation and bringing in relevant tools where possible.
- Work with outsourced advisors to bring statutory accounting, including year-end closing and preparing financial statements, in-house
- Manage all transactional finance, including AP/AR/bank/credit control
- Preparation of all VAT returns and tax submissions as well as consultations with specialists on any unusual topics
- Postings to General Ledger including monthly and annual closing posting for accruals, inventory valuation, loans, documentation
- Manage interaction with auditors
- Working closely with Finance team in Germany to ensure timely P&L reporting
- Deliver reports and metrics to leadership
Are you our perfect new colleague?
You are a finance and accounting whizz with the following capabilities:
- Fully qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified or equivalent with minimum 3 years PQE
- Strong technical accountant with good attention to detail
- Major self-starter where you are not afraid to dive in, see what needs to be done and go for it
- Desire to work in a rapidly growing scale-up with an enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- A start-up mentality with a bias to action and the ability to flex in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- A team player with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with Navision/BC, Tableau and Xero systems a plus
What do we offer you?
- The experience of working in a fast-paced company alongside driven individuals and the opportunity to create a significant impact and shape the wider finance function
- A unique chance to be part of the success of a high growth business
- Well-being perks, private health insurance, additional pension contribution, cycle-to-work scheme and additional vacation days to take time for yourself
- A unique company culture – an inspiring atmosphere flooded with a daily dose of laughter, snacks, and lots of social events
- An amazing office in Central London (when there isn’t a pandemic happening) with the best views over London
- ...and much more.
We hear you thinking, what to do if I'm interested?
As soon as we have received your CV and see a match, we will schedule a call with you for a quick introduction. If both sides would like to proceed, you will be meeting a few more team members that you will be working with. We will schedule the interviews one after the other quickly, in order to let you know as fast as possible if you can start at tonies® UK!