About Elfin Market
We’re a young fintech start-up which aims to disrupt the credit card market in the UK. We use peer-to-peer lending – that is, we directly connect borrowers and lenders without costly banking intermediaries – to offer a cheap alternative to credit cards to our borrowers and solid returns to our lenders (we’re actually the first peer-to-peer lending platform in the world to offer flexible credit akin to a credit card).
We launched our platform one year ago and our customer base has been growing rapidly since then. We also recently released our mobile application, both on iOS and Android, with a wide adoption by our customers. We’re currently a team of eight, including our two co-founders, and we’re looking for a motivated and ambitious iOS app developer to join us in our exciting journey.
You will be in charge of the development of our iOS app. This will include converting designs into fully functioning app screens, integrating back-end APIs to the app, developing new app features in line with business priorities, as well as maintaining and improving app-related code. You will be expected to write scalable, testable and efficient code, while being mindful of security and data protection risks. You will also be expected to write both unit tests and integration tests.
You will be working in close collaboration with our co-founders on all aspects of our mobile app, as well as with our Android developer and back-end developer. You will be joining us at an exciting time: we’re planning to grow significantly over the next months and our app will play a key role in this growth. We also plan to launch several new features in the coming months, and you will be involved in all the steps of the process.
The ideal candidate
We’re looking for someone with the following profile:
- Expert in Swift
- 2+ years work experience building and maintaining iOS apps
- Extreme motivation: we’re looking for someone who will be as involved as Elfin Market’s co-founders themselves and who will get things done.
- Open-mindedness: we love discussing ideas and exchanging constructive criticism, especially before taking any major decision for the firm. You’ll be a key part of those exchanges.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related subject
Additionally, if you tick any of the following boxes, this will be a definite plus:
- Some experience using Kotlin Multiplatform on an iOS app
- Experience working in a tech start-up
- Working in an early stage start-up will give you the opportunity to acquire lots of different skills and grow your role over time beyond its initial scope.
- Really cool working environment at Level39, London’s largest fintech accelerator, which provides great views over Canary Wharf, free teas and coffees and ping pong tables!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Your very own MacBook
- Competitive compensation package, which includes shares in the company
If you’re looking to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment, with a strong desire to learn and take on responsibilities quickly, don’t hesitate to apply with us.